- What you did: Second new install to releive issue. Ran full scan.
- What actually happened or you actually saw: Scan ran for about 10 hours and stopped at an HTM file contained in one of the program files folders, program files or program files (x86), I could not tell which one or where the actual file is because the full path is not displayed.
- What you expected to happen or see: The scan would complete
- How you tried to fix it & what happened: Have tried re-installing Comodod CIS three times now with same results, stops on different files, but in same general spot.
- If its an application compatibility problem have you tried the application fixes here?: Don’t understand?
- Details & exact version of any application (execpt CIS) involved with download link: No other software involved … what download link are you referring to?
- Whether you can make the problem happen again, and if so exact steps to make it happen: Install Comodo CIS, run a full scan … scan stops before it is complete, seems to get hung up on some HTM files.
- Any other information (eg your guess regarding the cause, with reasons): See above.
Files appended. (Please zip unless screenshots).
- Screenshots illustrating the bug:
- Screenshots of related CIS event logs and the Defense+ Active Processes List:
- A CIS config report or file.
- Crash or freeze dump file:
- Screenshot of More~About page. Can be used instead of typed product and AV database version.
- CIS version, AV database version & configuration used:
5.5 : 9428
- a) Have you updated (without uninstall) from CIS 3 or 4: I don’t understand?
b) if so, have you tried a clean reinstall (without losing settings - if not please do)?: YES
- a) Have you imported a config from a previous version of CIS: NO
b) if so, have U tried a standard config (without losing settings - if not please do)?: I don’t understand?
- Have you made any other major changes to the default config? (eg ticked ‘block all unknown requests’, other egs here.): NO
- Defense+, Sandbox, Firewall & AV security levels: D+= , Sandbox= , Firewall = , AV = All normal, defaults
- OS version, service pack, number of bits, UAC setting, & account type: Windows 7 Pro 64 bit, admin account
- Other security and utility software installed: No
- Virtual machine used (Please do NOT use Virtual box): No