internet security essentials is intercepting almost every page

internet security essentials is intercepting almost every page I visit, including google, amazon, and loads of others. So I opt to continue every time. Such crying wolf will end up with my security being compromised. Will have to uninstall it. Why isn’t it working properly?

I had the same issue … way too many alerts popping up, even if I was not on a shopping page. I uninstalled it for now. While it sounds like a good idea, the rolled out product is not right for me at this time.

Is this this thing that triggers man-in-the-middle error when trying to access https website?
■■■■…

Not sure if it is the same thing causing pop ups for me, but “Browser Protection” is NOT an option in my CIS settings so must be CISE.

CISE does have settings, as minimal as they are and say nothing about “Browser Protection”, but I just put a couple website addresses in it to NOT check to see if it stops the pop ups. Only time will tell.

*** FOUND FIX FOR THE FOLLOWING PART ONLY – BURIED IN MISC SETTINGS OF CIS!! *** My other problem shows as a “Browser Protection” pop up too, but it is for a program, not a website or a certificate so I don’t know how to stop that pop up. It is for ccleaner64.exe, saying it wants to change my Firefox home page… Yet in CCleaner settings, there is nothing about setting my homepage or changing it at all.

Hopefully the website pop ups will stop, and the ccleaner thing will also cease and desist. This ALL started with the last major update of Comodo products!!!
Thanks.

Hi mahal,
Regarding:

It is for ccleaner64.exe, saying it wants to change my Firefox home page... Yet in CCleaner settings, there is nothing about setting my homepage or changing it at all.
It seems CCleaner must be opening Firefox settings in read/write mode and thus you see that alert.

Regarding CISE, may you please provide alert snapshot and also what version of CISE you have installed?

Thanks
-umesh