INTERNET BROWSERS

Thanks :slight_smile: running Opera now… it’s very “Smooth” :-TU Are their any add-ons for opera? cause I see a thing for widegets but they seem more just for fun? :S

I don’t know. I’m using a weather widget only 88) Sure, FireFox has many more useful add-ons than Opera, but it runs slower because of them. Still, Opera is all what I need and much more. :-TU I like it the best :slight_smile:

Kyle: except the advantages Commodus mentioned, the strength in Opera is that you can customize it to an almost absurd extent. There are so many things more than those you see in the settings, you can find some stuff here: http://operawiki.info/Opera

Look at my attached toolbar and you realize that it differs a lot from the default one. Also, I have no status bar at the bottom, to maximize the space (my resolution is only 1024*768). Instead I have some functions of the status bar next to the address field.

LA

[attachment deleted by admin]

FF is an excellent browser but Opera is worth a try. I still use Opera for general purpose surfing and I only use FF in some cases whe I need some special plugins.

Opera is a small all purpose browser with an high degree of configurability.
User hacks are more easy with Opera whereas FF require an addon or programming skills.

FF extensibility is nearly unlimited but Opera has fulfill most needs right off the box.

Thank you, I will experiment :slight_smile:

yeah yeah 88) you don’t have to PM me about your experiment 88) ;D

how? ??? faster for some ppl? ???

As cool as it is to have a built in p2p client in Opera, I don’t recommend using it as it’ll slow down surfing very much. Also, it may be too simple for some people, although I find it sufficient myself.

LA

Opera 9.2 was faster than FF 2, but now, I don’t know if Opera 9.5 is faster than FF 3. I saw Opera slowly opening pages, while FF 3 just breezed through and I saw the opposite thing too. So I can’t really tell. On my rig and internet connection Opera is faster than FF 3 :slight_smile:
As our serious Gibran said - Opera is great right out the box ! :-TU

To L.A. - use uTorrent ! Way better :slight_smile:

By the way, I added Pink Browser to the poll in case Ganda (or anyone else) uses it.

LA

Pink browser ! :BNC Goodbye Opera (:WAV) (:LGH)

pink browser :-TU
i’m gonna give it a try :stuck_out_tongue:
question: why do we need IE to use other browser ???

Because Pink Browser uses Internet Explorer’s core. Just like Avant or Maxthon :slight_smile:

what core? 88)

The Internet Explorer’s browsing engine genius ! ;D

yeah yeah, whatever 88)
1 more question, what about it’s security compared to plain Firefox (firefox 3, no add on)? i’m planning to use it as my default browser :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t think it’s safer than IE even, not talking about FF 3 ;D

how much safer is a modified clone of the original? 88)

Have you tried this one yet.

It’s made by women, does that answer your question? JOKES. (:LGH)

Why not use a known secure browser with a pink theme? O0

how? (:LOV)
i’ll remove pink browser, no tab function. 1 window 1 site 88)

Kids only surf safe pre-screen pre-approved web sites
how the approval works? like comodo VE? ???