Interesting struggles

Could anyone tell me if C.O.M.O.D.O is meant to reset itself back to the original install settings if I reboot my box.

2nd.
Is there anywhere that I can find detailed info on how to set it up properly and learn what I am looking at ?

Thanks in advance.

G’day,

Comodo Personal Firewall (CPF) should remember the settings you apply to it, from one reboot to the next. If your installation isn’t, please check whether you have any security type software (other than CPF) running that could monitor and /or control writing to the registry.

Re. setting up CPF, there is a series of FAQs elsewhere onthe forum. The majority of these have been written by users, not by Comodo, and cover the most commonly occuring queries that users have posted. These include setting up basic rules for internet/lan connection, setting up CPF for specific applications (emule, bit torrent etc.) and so on and so on.

Unfortunately, there is no “Do “A” then “B” then “C” and then you’re perfectly set up” type of set up guide, because everyone’s PC is different to the next and everyones requirements are different to the next. To make CPF work for your system, you’ll have to get your head around some fo the basic concepts of IP, network rules and application rules. It sounds daunting, but it’s not that bad. Once you understand the basic principles, you’ll be able to appreciate why there isn’t a straight up guide, but you’ll be in a position to work things out for yourself (and then come back to tjhe forums to help others, of course ;))

Hope this helps,
Ewen :slight_smile: