Instant SSL Cert Question

Im sure this has been answered many times before, but the support dept is closed, so I will try to get the answer here:

I have just purchased a Instant SSL Cert for our “domain”. When I purchased it, I just gave the domain name(domain.com, not host.domain.com). It will be installed on our dedicated linux server, which is a mail server, web server and ftp server.

I wanted to verify that once installed it will cover all the host names for the domain: www.mydomain.com as well as our mail.mydomain.com, ftp.mydomain.com, etc. I need at least mail.mydomain.com and www.mydomain.com.

Question is, when I create the CSR, is there anything special that needs to be done? How do I ensure both host names get covered?

Thanks!

Good Evening

The product you might be interested in is called a wildcard certificate. In your case it would cover…domain.com, mail.domain.com, ftp.domain.com, www.domain.com etc.

http://www.instantssl.com/ssl-certificate-products/ssl/wildcard-ssl-premiumssl_wildcard.html

Do be aware, since you do have a mail server that Windows Mobile 5 does not accept wildcards as apart of the certificate. So this product would not work for your mail server in this case.