Instant Search Like Rockmelt Browser as an option

The instant search option in google chrome is great and should be left as an option i think but the only problem is that if instant search is enabled, it will override your current tab so to prevent this the user has to open a new tab before typing.

With Rockmelt browser’s implementation of this, the instant search results are populated in the dropdown box after the user stops typing and gives search sugestions in the dropdown while the user types.

here’s a direct link right to the spot in the video where this feature is shown so you don’t have to start at the beginning of the video:

however in Rockmelt once you have your instant search results if you hit up or down arrow on your keyboard instead of giving you a preview of the site like google instant does on google.com it goes ahead and loads the site that becomes highlighted instead. this is a security risk. auto loading sites from search results could make the user go to a site they don’t want to go to because they might want to use the up and down arrow keys just to see more results instead of scrolling with the mouse. this feature should be excluded.

here’s a direct link right to the spot in the video where this feature is shown so you don’t have to start at the beginning of the video:

Thank you for sharing that. :slight_smile:

you’re welcome. do you like this idea or no or just find it intriguing

I have not tried either of them myself, but I did glance at your video links. :wink:

I would say that I like the idea and I am intrigued, and curious to try one or both of them one day in the future. (I did not enable it in Chrome yet :wink: )