installing in sandbox

if i install a program in the sandbox will the program work and can i remove it from the sandbox if happy with it without having to uninstall/reinstall

Due to access restrictions, you may be unable to install the program inside the sandbox. If the installer expects administrator privileges and doesn’t get them, it may fail.

If you are able to install it, since an application inside the sandbox doesn’t really exist as far as your OS is concerned, uninstalling would be as easy as simply deleting the folder.

Moving something from the sandbox is a bit of a chore. You’d need to manually move every sub-folder to it’s expected location on your normal system. (and merging registry keys with the registry) I think it would be easier just to re-install the application on your normal system.

i installed an dit said some functionality would be missing

If you are able to install it, since an application inside the sandbox doesn't really exist as far as your OS is concerned, uninstalling would be as easy as simply deleting the folder.
OK
Moving something from the sandbox is a bit of a chore. You'd need to manually move every sub-folder to it's expected location on your normal system. (and merging registry keys with the registry) I think it would be easier just to re-install the application on your normal system.
Can see reinstall is easier now you put like that. many thanks

At https://forums.comodo.com/defense-sandbox-help-cis/deleting-files-in-sandbox-t81039.0.html you say I should see the files in C:\Virtual Root. the spelling is slightly different i presume a typo? and with show hideen files etc. But this folder is empty even tho i have installed a program ?

. i see now from comodo that 3 unrecognised files in my installation are partially limited.So i will want to delete and install fully but nothing in C:\Virtual root? it says zero apps in the sandbox/

No, it’s actually spelled VritualRoot.

As Chiron mentioned, VritualRoot is intentional.

How did you install it? Did you use the Run a Program in the Sandbox function within CIS, or select Run in COMODO Sandbox from the context menu to run the installer?

Did you add the application (after installation) to the Defense+ → Computer Security Policy → Always Sandbox list? I’ve never installed anything in the sandbox, so I don’t know if this step is necessary.

Does it say zero applications when the application is running? What does it show if you to Defense+ → Active Process List? It should show whichever restriction level you chose to run the application at in the Sandbox Level column.

If you really mean that you want to install the pogram so all the program files and registry settings are stored in the sandbox, the CIS sandbox is not designed for this, and either the installation or the subsequent running of the program may (probably will) fail.

We have had hints that the CIS 6 sandbox will support this, so you may be better to wait or use Sandboxie or equivalent meanwhile.

If you wish to perist (and I have done so with occasional sucess) then you need to run run the installer using the ‘run a program in the sandbox’ or the ‘always sandbox’ function. (Preferrably the latter to catch multi-stage installers). Then you need to add the main program executable, and any separately run executables to the sandbox using ‘add a program to the sandbox’. No guarantees that this will work properly, and you may even get a BSOD.

Sorry not to be more encouraging, but hope this helps a bit.

Mouse