Installing Firewall

Hi, you all, forgif me for my poor English this is not my daly languaged so I hope you will know wath I mean.
I have the next problem, after installing comodo firewall version 3.13.121240
my system is freezing. This was a clean instal O.S windows vista 32 bit.
Thank you

When does it freeze? On what ocasions?

Try uninstalling and download the latest version from COMODO Internet Security 3.13.126709.581 Released.

After uninstalling and rebooting run this clean up tool. That is to be extra sure you make a clean start.

Keep us posted.

It freezes after the PC has started, and every program is loaded.I can’t use the keyboard or mouse.
Oke i have downloaded the latest version and cleaning tool.I will try again.

I am sorry it didn’t work, the system is still freezing.
I am useing an other firewall now, to bad

Are you using a keyboard and mouse which rely on programs that run with Windows?

We see problems with laptops with f.e. the Synaptics program that runs to support the touchpad. When it alerts you can’t use the touch pad to navigate the pointer… Using a basic mouse to move the pointer around works around it. It also helps to make Synaptics part of My Trusted Software Vendors list as CIS will then make rules automatically.

May be you are suffering from a similar problem?

the Synaptics program that runs to support the touchpad. The touchpad can’t be used, so I can’t go to CIS to the trusted vendor. Maybee I shall wait for a newer version of the program, that has solved the problem.

Hence my advice to attach a basic USB or PS2 mouse to your laptop to be able to make it part of My Trusted Software Vendors.

to attach a basic USB or PS2 mouse to your laptop. I have a basic USB mouse attached to my laptop.
As i said before the system is freezing nothing works. I just can’t approach the firewall to make adjustmens. To shut down i have to use the on/off button.Resart and go to the safe mode to remove the program.

When you boot to Safe Mode can you make Synaptics part of My Trusted Software Vendors. When it is not digitally signed and cannot be added make the Synaptics related .exe files part of My Own Safe Files.

To make files part of My Own Safe Files go to Defense + → Common Tasks → My Own Safe Files → choose Add → Browse files → navigate to the Synaptics installation folders and select all .exe and .bat files → when done Ok and Apply your way back to the main screen.

That should do the trick.

Thank you for your advise, it worked.