Installation/ Upgrade Question.

Hi.
I would like to use CAV (Also the Firewall) on a stand-alone network.

Problem is that this network will never be connected to the internet.

Firstly, can I install without an internet connection (after running set-up from a disc).

Secondly, can I download the virus updates on Net connected PC and update them on my network via Flashdrive etc?

Many thanks in advance.

You can install it, but I’m not sure you can update it. I don’t think you can …

Xan

If I had a laptop I could connect to the web (Running COMODO), could I somehow plug that into my network and get the update from that?

Or perhaps copy a directory from the Laptop to the machines on the network?

If that cable is the lan cable, then yes. You could use it to go on the internet, and update.

Or perhaps copy a directory from the Laptop to the machines on the network?
I don't know if there are any or where they are, so I wouldn't know how you could copy the database.

I’ve requested some help from other moderators, so just hang on. They will come and help you (I think ;D)

Xan

Thanks! :-TU

hey there, please take a look at this post of another moderator

I think it will tell everything

Xan

You can copy C:\Program Files\COMODO\Comodo AntiVirus\Cavbases all the cdb
and the C:\Program Files\COMODO\Comodo AntiVirus\CavTempBases the file thats in there
and also the zip/compressed folder thats located in C:\Program Files\COMODO\Comodo AntiVirus
the file name should be cavbases.zip
and move them to each computer that has CAVS 2

I hope this solves your problem

While this method ensures the engine will use the updates files, the changes will not be reflected in the update and signature versions. Also, any program and engine updates would be missed (not tht there will be any this close to CAVS3 release).

Ewen :slight_smile:

Thank you all for your help. It is really much appreciated.

Do you think that there will be an opportunity for offline downloads in the future?
It seems that in these days of easy internet access, systems that are unable to attach for whatever reason are being forgotten about regarding software updates. It really is a big issue that no-one seems to be addressing.

Normally, in CAVS 3 it should be there to, the offline updates …

Xan

I am sure it will be. It makes sense. Imagine you have 3 PCs at home (not uncommon). Why should you have to pay (as part of your ISP’s data limits) for 3 X AV updates ,when you could just pay for one and then distribute it across your LAN?

Wouldn’t it be good to have a tool that do that automatically for you - identify what updates were needed and push them accordingly?

Watch this space.

Ewen :slight_smile: