Install Signature Error when attempting to Update CIS Premium 10 - Win XP SP3

Install Signature Error when attempting to Update CIS Premium 10 - Win XP SP3

Hi,

I was notified by Windows that my Comodo Antivirus is Out of Date.
CIS Premium 10 stated that my system was “Secure”
However the last Antivirus update was listed as over 1 month ago?
I tried to use the Update function. It stated that the Program was up to date, the web date base was completed, the recognizer was up to date.
The Signature Update downloaded, but the “Install Signatures” gave “Error” as a status. The log showed:

"2017-05-27 23:46:35 Antivirus update 2017-05-27 23:46:47 0x84000005 (Unknown error 0x84000005) Old database 0 New database 0 "

I had tried to use the repair function via the add/remove function of Windows control program, but it was disabled.

I had tried to use the remove antivirus component via the modified function in the add/remove function of Windows control program, and then the antivirus back via the same function. The update function again gave "“Install Signatures” gave “Error” as a status.

I tried a full uninstall and reinstall of CIS Premium 10. The update function again gave "“Install Signatures” gave “Error” as a status.
I now retried the repair function via the add/remove function of Windows control program. This time the diagnostics functioned, but stated that it could not find any errors.

Could someone please be of assistance?

Thank you in advance.

Sounds like a permission issue that prevents the update process from writing to the scanners directory. Do you have any other security software installed? In particular Avast as I recall a similar issue with updating not working when avast was installed alongside comodo.

Thank you futuretech,

That sounds interesting. The only system security software that may have updated, within the time frame that the error started happening, was Bitdefender Anti-Ransomware.

Do you think that may cause such a problem?

Do you know if Comodo has a list of known incompatible software that I may be able to compare with?

Probably, you could temporary uninstall Bitdefender Anti-Ransomware and try updating again. The current list of incompatible software is located in the CIS install folder in the file incompatsw.ini but it has not been updated in a long time.

Hi futuretech,

Thank you for the suggestion.

I did try to deactivate Bitdefender Anti-Ransomware from within the program, and then via killing the process. neither helped.
It is interesting that CIS frequently gives a message of HIPS Events of Blocked Intrusions of Bitdefender Anti-Ransomware? This even occurs when I had “unblocked” and “Allowed” Bitdefender Anti-Ransomware?

Anyway, guess what, I manually downloaded the Base.cav from the Comodo website, and then manually installed it.
The install took, and the auto-updates now install without intervention.

I hope this persists.

Thanks again.

Any thoughts?