install issues for cpf 3 beta (3.0.7.208 beta)

I have come across a problem while trying to install new beta. Afterr going through all setup instructions and letting program scan pc files (about 20 mins) the install failed adding itself to the windows ‘add and remove’ list. It then rolled back install but would not reinstall unless i uninstalled through ‘add and remove’ which it didn’t save to! cannot find any trace in registry or through other uninstall progs. any ideas?

kitt.

Try cleaning your registry with CCleaner (■■■■ Cleaner): Download CCleaner 5.84.9143 for Windows - Filehippo.com . Another thrick that works is temporarily putting back the system time to before july 27 .

Look for this registry key: HKLM/System/Software/Comodo/Firewall… if found, remove it. That seems to be the main offender.

Eric, AFAIK, the July 27th trick was only for the Alpha release, due to the built-in termination date for that testing phase.

LM

@Little Mac. The trick was for the Alpha release indeed. I might have used for the beta as well… I recall having had some problems getting it installed and might have used that trick…

cheers guys i’ll give it a go. i use ccleaner often anyhow just to keep system clean. couldn’t find owt in registry last time but will give another go.

kitt.

Ok works now thanks. seems stable so far will have a play about. shields up test passed no problems. good work.

kitt.

If you get a Session3_Initialization_Failed BSOD (which seems fairly common) after 2nd & subsequent reboots, this seems to be related to Image Execution Control for Defense+. Only solution I’ve found so far is to disable IEC.

LM