[INFO]: Where are CFP 3.0.13.268 release notes or what has changed?

I have seen that my Comodo Firewall has been updated today to version 3.0.13.268. I know the final was released yesterday. So what has changed in one day? Can someone release the update notes?

Yes,i have just noticed that an update is available
As you say “Where are the release notes”?
Perhaps in due course

Yes, this would be nice to see what changed.
PLUS, should this be reported in the bug forum? I have check for updates TURNED OFF yet it still reported an update is available today?
Thank you

How about this then.
I have auto updates turned on but i had to get the update manually
I would never have known there was an update if i hadn’t read your post.
The joys of new software even if it is Comodo
Regards

Melih post

its one or two small bugs that we noticed that could be fixed very quickly has been fixed, hence we had to change the number…

thanks
melih

OK, but why is it telling me I have an update ready when I have it turned off?
(:KWL)

Gibran move this thread to bug reports please :D.
Oh…i smell a bug. Turning autoupdate off turns it on and turning it in turns it off.

Tick=Off
Untick=On

How about this then. I have auto updates turned on but i had to get the update manually I would never have known there was an update if i hadn't read your post. The joys of new software even if it is Comodo Regards
OK, but why is it telling me I have an update ready when I have it turned off?

“Check for updates” is ticked on my system and I received an update notification this morning.

I believe when an update is available, release notes should follow, so that we (Consumer) are aware of the updates and changes that occur. This should be done official. I have no idea where the Comodo team got the method of not disclosing which bugs have been fixed. Like it’s some kind of a secret.

[tongue in cheek mode on]

And after all the money I’ve got invested in this firewall, I have no option but to get indignant about not knowing some minor details for a couple of hours.
(:AGY) (:AGY) (:AGY)

[/tongue in cheek mode off]

Please be patient with the development team. They have done an enormous amount of work in a ■■■■■■ short period of time, while retaining a high degree of quality. They may or may not be conforming to my personal definition of disclosure or development documentation, but they sure as hell have exceeded all my other expectations.

The list of bug fixes will come, but it will come on their timetable, not ours.

Please be patient.

Ewen :slight_smile:

No, I’m not anger at all. I like this firewall, and out of all of them on the market, I believe this is the lightest firewall in our days and especially free. Furthermore, it has so many options in protection including the HIP, and it’s performing in an outstanding way. Great job for the developers. I just wonder why I don’t see release notes about the bugs that has been fixed. Just giving suggestion that maybe wasn’t pointed out.

P.S. It you look at it from economical point of view, Comodo rushed this release in order to overweight the competition of ZoneAlarm. As you know, Zonealarm doesn’t have Vista version available, but now Comodo just kicked ■■■. :slight_smile: Good move from Comodo.

I think the last couple of days have been pretty hectic at Comodo HQ and it’s not surprising that a few smaller details have slipped through the cracks.

give 'em a day or two.

cheers,
Ewen :slight_smile:

it was a very simple very basic bug fix… nothing to write home about…
at the moment everyone is busy getting ready for the next roller coaster…
break? what break?
we have a world to save!!! :slight_smile:

Please bear with us guys, we even asked our moderators to help us with getting more visibility to our bug systems.(maybe we can have some users who would want to contribute to this effort? if you do pls volunteer) We want to make it better… but will take time :frowning:
thank you for your understanding

Melih

We rushed it cos we thought we were late to the game, cos we thought Zone Alarm has a vista version… now you tell me!!! :slight_smile:

We should pay more attention to whats out there next time (:KWL)

Melih

Yes, I just doubled checked, and ZoneAlarm Free Firewall runs on Vista, however ZoneAlarm Firewall Pro doesn’t. Since the name of this Comodo was changed to Comodo Firewall Pro, it’s still in front of the game.