Incremental and Differential backups

i was reading through the comodo backup online help files about incremental and differential backups. From what i can tell, from the help files, comodo backup is supposed to create a full backup (example_full_files.cbu), when CB does the incremental or differential backup it creates a new cbu container that contains the files that have been modified/changed since the last backup (example_inc_files.cbu). Well from my experience with comodo backup it does all this in one .cbu file not 2 separate ones. Is this normal? is there a way to setup a backup to create 2 separate backup containers for the full and incremental/differential? or is it a bug?

thanks

It’s normal.

CB provides option to save all full + incrementals in same file or in separate files (but in same directory).
If you wish that incrementals have a different name you can use the revision number macro in backup step 3.

Thanks

I just tested this by setting up an incremental backup of a folder and the backup was saved to a different partition on my hard drive. I ran the first backup which did a full backup with a revision number appended to the file name. I went to my test folder and changed a filename and the contents of the .txt file and reran the backup and it did another full backup. It did not do an incremental backup. Is this macro supposed to backup the incremental files to a separate cbu container than the initial full backup like you said in your previous post? or does it just append a number to the file name?

i attached the debug logs

thanks

[attachment deleted by admin]

If you run the profile again the backup will run as incremental.

Only the first time it ran twice as full because you first saved the backup job as profile, then you pressed “Backup Now” (which ran as a separate backup job from the saved profile), then you ran the saved profile.
We’ll fix the problem in next release.

Thanks