Include an Ad-Blocker please

Yes, but I’m guessing the general purpose would be CFP to have it built-in.

I thought of something like. A feature alike SpywareBlaster that blocks activex and other contents, and Spybot’s Immunizer.

Yes, ok we got spyware blaster and we got spybot. But wouldnt be great to have all that in a great security application such as CFP? I believe it would be.

It would be quite something to have 98% of our security in one application - CFP.

Errr… can we pretty please avoid nortonization of this great product? ???

I apologize, but I don’t follow your thinking. Where, exactly, did I say that CFP would be great if it was alike Symantec’s products?

I only mentioned it would be great to see more protection on CFP, and even enhance the protection already provided.

If it is not something to have in consideration (adding more features), then it sure ought to be to improve the protection already provided by CFP, specially Defense+.

I don’t see any danger whatsoever in advertisements… Blocking ads is not a firewalls’ job, it’s a job for browser plugin/http proxy or whatnot… There’s tons of specialized (and free) products that do this for you.

Yes, and I said it would be great to see it in CFP, for that would mean people would have the need to add plugins/proxies and so on.

Yes there are free / paid products that do that. I mentioned 2 that are free. But we are not talking about other free or paid products. We are talking about features we would like to see in CFP. If they will become part or not, its Comodo’s Group decision. We just make suggestions.

The Ad-Blocker can contribute to CIS (Comodo Internet Security), Which is hopefully expected at the end of this month (Very soon).

First of CIS will just be full-blown CAV 3 & CFP (Including Defense+). However, as time goes on more comodo products will be integrated, I will create a “wish-list” for the CIS Board and you can post the Ad-Blocker there, Sounds more “Security Suite” alike. Maybe they will make a stand a lone one too… :slight_smile:

Just a first thought.

Cheers,
Josh

Yes, that’s also a great option. (:CLP)

Best regards

What melih said sounds good.

I have been waiting for an IP blocker a long time.

There are free/comminuty ip blocklists available (iblocklist.com)

The feature in comodo should basically work like a combinaton of hosts, peerguardian/protowall and adblock plus.

The needed features are:
-Ability to add and remove lists-
-A custom whitelist/blacklist
-Enable/Disable on a list to list basis
-Allow or block HTTP on a per list basis

If you go to that site there are several lists that comodo should be blocking anyway (global DROP list)

I was a Comodo user in the early days and I loved the simplicity in it.
If you want to block ads the easiest way is to use hostsman a software that updates your hosts file with virtually all ad servers, well maybe not all but you wont see a ad after you done that. Ime the surfing is faster than with adblock for example when using hostsfile to take the ads away.

Agreed. :-TU