Improve the "File List" - "Unrecognized" Files Not Always Added

1. What actually happened or you saw:
I have my sandbox set to
a) Block unknown applications
b) Block malicious applications
c) Block shared spaces
d) Block suspicious locations

I do not normally want the sandbox (many applications fail because of it, and I have to run cleanup when they terminate), but I do like that it halts execution of programs better than HIPS does. The problem I’m having is that even though I’m shown a notification, it doesn’t seem to be adding it to the file list MOST of the time. I’ve been having to manually add entries to the file list.

I tried turning my sandboxing on for unknown applications, but still the files were not added. When I click the pop-up box to not sandbox again, instead of adding it to the file list as trusted it adds it to the sandbox as excluded. This is not desired behavior because I don’t want the sandbox to ignore every different version of the file path.

2. What you wanted to happen or see:
I want files to automatically be added to the file list when they are first seen, even if they are immediately blocked because they are unknown

3. Why you think it is desirable:
Otherwise, I have to manually add the item to the file list.

4. Any other information:
I’m going to make a separate wish on how I think the sandbox pop-up itself should be improved, because it is a separate feature.

This is a known bug that is reported in the tracker so moving to rejected.