So, I went to a website and Comodo says it’s blocking an unsafe website, and the rest of the page says it isn’t about being unsave, but that it’s about being a site that is prohibited on this network. Well, it’s my own bloody network and I never told it or Comodo to consider anything as prohibited.
So why is it blocking stuff when I never told it to do so; and how do I turn it off?
Can you please give us a screenshot of warning?
can you please scan that url on Virustotal ? https://www.virustotal.com/
Thanks for the screenshot. It is an alert from Comodo Secure DNS.
This site may be clean from malwares but its content is not good for public, naybe this is why Comodo Secure DNS blocking it.
You can disable it on Windows Control panel.
- Click the Start Orb, then select Control Panel.
- Click on Network and Sharing Center.
- Click on your primary connection or Local Area Connection under Active Networks.
- Click the Properties button.
Windows 7 may prompt you for permission to make network setting changes.
- Highlight ‘Internet Protocol Version 4’ and click Properties.
and select “Obtain DNS server address automatically” and click OK.
now your computer free of Comodo Secure DNS.
If you are using Comodo browsers…you should disable Comodo Secure DNS from browsers settings.