If out of date update AV at PC startup or when network becomes available [M1465]

Do you mean to let it check with certain frequency if it missed the initial update or also after it updated? If it would continue after it caught up with the update and would check for example every half hour then that would break Stafeful Inspection.

No, I mean on boot of the computer it would check every (whatever you like) for a internet connection if none the update attempt would not run.

peopleinside, would you mind if I modify your first post?

Thanks.

PM reminder sent.

Sorry what you have to edit? What is wrong?

CIS does already check for updates a few minutes after the computer boots.
Ok I try to belive you. How minutes is few minutes? because i have tried with notebook, not turned up from some day so comodo status was red. After 15 minutes of navigation with wi fi antivirus status always red. Not only in my notebook but i hear other people have the same issue. So why happen this? I personally don't have this problem often only when I use ,y notebook not always connected with Internet.

As I understand you aking for change the discussion but explain me why if comodo check after few minutes for update notebook stay on red status? I don’t understand. All time i have to update manullay. If i leave the PC on and Internet connected i think in one hours it update automatically but one hours is a lot of time… so something are not good in this.

I have talk with other people and say the same, comodo update are not quicly, CSI not look for update for first think so i think you have to implemet this too.
Also implement comodo wull check when there are Internet connection avaiable and database need update, update the database.

Going by the event viewer and comodo logs/tasks between 5-10 minutes each day after boot then another check 1 minute after the first.

Dennis

Thanks

Chiron I must confirm his words. I have the same problem. Even I set up updates after 1 hour Comodo does not update for several hours after start PC. Very often I start PC from hibernation.

Here is this mornings log started browsing at 8:26/8:27

Date                    Type                         Completed                           Info                 Additional Info

2014-11-06 08:39:58 Antivirus Update 2014-11-06 08:39:58 Old database 20002 New database 20002
2014-11-06 08:34:56 Antivirus Update 2014-11-06 08:38:43 Old database 19998 New database 20002

Thank you!

Yes i have looked into my Desktop PC log - but i don’t know why in notebook look to be different (i have to look into notebook log to but not possible at the moment) curiosu who some one has posted have the same my problem.

I will try to look into notebook CSI log, maybe can be wi fi issue so comodo not work well when there are wi fi or internet key, i will try to update in few hors here.

PROBLEM FOUND.

Finded a BUG in CSI?

Comodo have lunched update after PC start but status still be yellow.
Pc start up at 11.03 AM now is 11.18 Comodo is not updated.

Also why i see old version 4142 same of the new installed 4142… something are wrong. Screen 3

Now is 11.20 and comodo status still be yellow if i don’t fix mannually. I think there is some BUG or problem in CSI

:P0l Please check if a BUG report is needed. :P0l

Maybe i can think number is the same because what CSI try to update are alredy update so maybe version number the same is not a BUG but why CSI after 18 minutes are not updated? You can see the screen… somethink is wrong. Screen show 11:10 but was 11:18 and CSI not updated, sorry i have not make another screen shot only for show this 11.18 AM CSI not updated.

[attachment deleted by admin]

You can replied the notebook issue by leaving a notebook with CSI without connecting to the internet untile the status of CSI change on yellow or red.
When it is you cn turn your PC and see will not early updated automatically.

If you leave your notebook some hors it will be updated automatically but it’s long time.

Do the Tasks logs confirm this behaviour? Then we may be looking at a problem with returning from Hibernation.

Is not only on Hybernation. I don’t ibernate my PC and i have the issue to.

Do you mean that it misses scheduled AV updates: the updates were not tried in the first place. The Tasks log will tell.

You can see the screen upstairs. After pc is started up there was one update and same to have the same number… and as the screen CSI is not updated is in yellow state. After 18 minutes who notebook are ON and connected to the internet via wifi status still yellow.

You can see the log activities in the screen shot.

This issue is more esy to see in notebook, not in a desktop PC all time connected to the Internet. My desktop PC with CSI is always up to date except when i leave for hollidays, when i come back CSI is maybe slow to update, i update manually and after problem are stopped.

The more problematic and you have to do more test in notebook. I have friend who use notebook for work and as it are not connected to the internet i see all time need to be updated manually. Today i have made the test on mine and the result was, after 18 minutes if i don’t fix manually the CSI are not changing status.

You vcan check the screen upstair.

I don’t know, sorry I’M not expert of Comodo. What i can says to you is:
There is some issue if CSi is used in notebook but i think same for desktop when you leave PC turned off for some day and not needs to be hybernate, when you turn it on the status are yellow “needs atenction” or red “not protected” if you don’t fix mannualy you will see the status are not automatically update as the CSI are not automatically update after 18 minutes. I don’t know how many time it takes for update antivirus database and all need for be ok in green status… IS not good a security software don’t give the chance to update as soon this are possibile.
This makes user bored to have fix mannualy all time or leave in yellow or red status the CSI because for people who are always connected to the Internet the solution for see they are safe is fix mannually.

Image a person with Internet key, in 18 minutes you can do all what you need to do and antivirus still not updated.

I can’t tell you more but if someone are CSI programmer can understan with this information where can be the problem and make test.

I have posted Issue/Bug report https://forums.comodo.com/bug-reports-cis/issuebug-csi-av-database-update-t107845.0.html