"IdAuthority Credentials not available for this site"!

I have just had an Comodo SSL cert (RE) installed at phparagon.com. The original expired a few months or so ago.

It was installed some hours ago through my host. They have always installed them for me on several sites.

The cert works OK without error for URLs. As usual that part worked just fine.

BUT when the “corner of trust” logo is hovered over or clicked by da mouse the resulting popup layer tells…
“IdAuthority Credentials not available for this site”.

Can someone from Comodo please advise. It has worked for years before! Have I forgotten and need some new javascript code under the logo?

Regards.

The latest certificate is a Domain Validated(DV) Certificate and the certificate order does not include the Corner Trust logo with IDA.

Please submit a ticket in the below link to get support on this issue

https://support.comodo.com/index.php?_m=tickets&_a=submit

Thank you for responding Dean; appreciated.

I still don’t understand what is going on but I will follow your suggestion and open a ticket.

As written above, the Cert was supposed to be the same as previous ones obtained through the same Host, in fact the most other recent was SAME Cert last year for byssl.net.

Unless Comodo have changed specs I don’t see that it is necessarily Comodos fault. The process I followed this time via the same host was just as before, same Cert chosen.

Anyhoo, thank you again.

I still don’t understand what is going on but I will follow your suggestion and open a ticket.
We will check your ticket and reply.

As written above, the Cert was supposed to be the same as previous ones obtained through the same >Host, in fact the most other recent was SAME Cert last year for byssl.net
Unless Comodo have changed specs I don’t see that it is necessarily Comodos fault. The process I followed >this time via the same host was just as before, same Cert chosen.

Yes, But there is a small change in available certificate types with our reseller and which is cause of the certificate you received on your renewal.

:frowning: And in the mean time I have told the host to keep their money just remove the certificate.

I’ve had nothing but problems with Comodo certs installed by that host, and as now the one thing I was always attracted to was the corner-of-trust logo is gone (without warning too) there will not be any more Comodo certificates.

Any one can plonk in any old image and call it a “seal”, which is all that I have available now (quoting hostforweb.com moments ago re what has replaced the corner logo), so I guess how long the corner logo lasts for byssl.net will be a wait and see (or not) scenario too.

D**n, now I have the Comodo anti virus to stare at every day on my PC when it keeps telling me my AV data is out of date. Oh well it will expire by the end of the year. I’m gone. Ooroo.