I switched to IE.. Now I can't spell

IE8 is at least 3 times as slow in terms of starting up and opening new tabs as Chrome, for me.

IE8 opens a new tab very fast for me. The only speed difference I have ever noticed is in opening multiple tabs at once. If you open 5 or more tabs simultaneously, IE is noticeably slower but since I never do that , only open tabs one at a time, and never have more than three tabs open, it makes no difference. I clearly said that in the way I use a browser there is no noticeable difference.

With all caches cleared, Google.com opens in just over 1 second from a cold start with IE8.

(Maybe if you have Chrome installed, it purposely slows down IE to make itself look better? ;D I wouldn’t put something like that past the folks at Google)

Acctually, the “you are an idiot” viruses are better blocked using IE than firefox or Chrome I think. There are many tests showing this. Smart screen filter built in is a killer against many fake antiviruses and such. Firefox got a blacklist too provided by google I think. But smartscreen filter is from my experience much more badass against common viruses.

Internet Explorer SmartScreen Filter Vs. Malware - YouTube – > Quote from Matt about the smart screen filter (probably not the exact words used):

“I tested it two or three times. It caught 90% of malicious executables, 100% of website redirection exploits”… :-TU

Here you can read the M$ page and be more amazed by this amazing browser: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/internet-explorer/compare/default.aspx

With the SmartScreen filter, Internet Explorer 8 is the # 1 browser in malware and phishing protection.

Internet Explorer 8 was nearly a year ahead of Chrome in introducing protection (which Firefox lacks) against emerging threats like click-jacking and cross-site scripting.
o
■2.9 times better than Firefox in protecting against malicious malware

■5 times better than Chrome in protecting against malicious malware

■3 times better than Chrome in protecting users against phishing attacks