I Keep Getting "Shockwave Flash has crashed" error

Hi and welcome n00boxular,
Unfortunately there have been some recent issues with the current Dragon and Adobes Flash.
There is a workaround posted in the link below, other than that let us hope a future update solves the issue with the Adobe Flash plugin sooner rather than later.
Dragon 33 - Flash Player issues workaround!

Kind regards.

I have opened a ticket with comodo and I am awaiting their response.

I also opened a ticket.
Their response:

"There could be conflict with Shockwave and other extensions that are enabled in the browser. I would recommend to uninstall Comodo Dragon and reinstall it to fix the issue. Please get back to us for any further assistance. "

I still haven’t gotten any response to my ticket.

I would recommend to uninstall Comodo Dragon and reinstall it to fix the issue

It would be an idea to update their website so that people can actually download the latest version before they tell people to reinstall CD. As I have mentioned before, I am having no issues with shockwave on any other browser using the same extensions [the majority of which are default in CD] and I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times with no change.

Do you mean it has been an entire week and they still have the wrong version being downloaded!?

The release topic gives the correct current version and IMO is the most reliable source.
Comodo Dragon ver 33.0 is now available for download

I am talking about the one from the 'free download" button on this page

(wow–what a link!)

which is where you end up if you drill to Comodo Dragon starting at comodo.com [ADDED: comodo.com>“Home and Office”>Comodo Dragon (on the popdown)]. And I would suspect that a very large percentage of people will not look for a download from a ‘releases’ page. Indeed, I can say I have NEVER done that when ‘going for’ a new program I’ve heard about.

Hi movrshakr,
I realise you meant the download link from the homepage.

I was just pointing to the release topic for the benefit of anyone that wants the current version.

Thanks.

Note: Staff have been informed of this issue.

I clicked on
“Home and Office,” then Comodo Dragon from the popdown. Home and Office seemed to be the area to get a browser for home use.

The Browsers are the same in both links (From you & I), just different direction methods were used to get there hence the different URLs.

May I ask if they have also been informed of the “Shockwave flash has crashed” issue?

[attachment deleted by admin]

I haven’t informed Staff directly.
They obviously are in the know that Flash is causing various issues, considering they have posted the following workaround. :slight_smile:
Dragon 33 - Flash Player issues workaround!

Kind regards.

Thanks for that.

It is interesting that I have had a support ticket open on this with several exchanges so far, and not once have they pointed me to this. I was totally unaware of it.

No problem, yes ticket support Staff do not appear to follow the Forum posted issues a great deal unless they are requested to do so. :slight_smile:

I don’t think it is support staff’s responsibility to follow the forum. However, I do believe it is Comodo staff’s responsibility (whoever created the workaround) to notify support team management of the problem and the availability of the workaround–so that info can be provided to the techs to handle tickets about the KNOWN problem.

Agreed the internal communication could be improved IMO. :slight_smile:

After some pretty much nonsense answers to a support ticket I submitted on this, I finally received this:

"We apologize for the inconvenience as the issue will be fixed in the next update.
Kindly let us know if you required of any more assistance.

Mark
GeekBuddy Technical Support"

Does anybody know if the update has been released?
And does Dragon auto-update or notify us that update is available?

Hi movrshakr,
No an update has not been released.

And does Dragon auto-update or notify us that update is available?
Depending on your update settings on the settings page, either way you should get notified.

You can check for updates manually by opening the ‘About Comodo Dragon’ page from Dragons menu.

Kind regards.

Interestingly, I had a flash update, so I decided to un-do the workaround linked to previously. dragon:plugins shows both the pepperflash and Adobe avaialble now.

I have only seen one video link on Facebook to test it, but it worked. Maybe the new flash works with Dragon now

LATER 5–19-14: ^^^ I spoke too soon. it seemed to work fine all last night; now I am getting the bar at top about shockwave crashed (but videos still played for a while); now I just got the frown face in the video rectangle. Oh well–back to going through the workaround steps. Sure wish Comodo would address this–and yes I do understand it is an interaction with the plugin that is a 2-way street.