I have to respond to this!

someone made this statement on wilders forum by someone called fuzzfas (we do have someone called with the same ID in our forums and I don’t know if its the same one, if it is, Fuzzas, i hope i can shed some light to your concerns below)

Here is the statement:

"Isn’t this what many other vendors have the honesty to say? Isn’t that what PrevX was saying? Isn’t that what Threatfire does? The only difference is that they say “We have a paid version too”, they say “We have an extra feature that you pay for too”. "

This statement is being made because we launched a new service for end users that we charge for. The point they are missing is: This is not a “full version” of a crippleware nor a feature of the firewall!
There is a huge version between people offering trialware/crippleware then upselling full version (which we DON’T do!) and Comodo giving a full version product for free!

This is a totally new service, its not the first and won’t be the last. Also, worth noting, this is not the first time we offer “services” to end users, we have a product called Trustfax. So I don’t understand the fuss to be honest.

I really hope this clarifies the situation as we had services that end users pay for for many years, and we have not changed what we are doing with our firewall!

Melih

I don’t really see an issue in Comodo selling a product or service that bears some relationship to its free firewall,since that firewall is fully functional by itself.

Should be clear now?