I have some questions about CDE.. * SOLVED *

Hey… I have read off your Comodo Disk Encryption, and it sounds good… But i have some questions.

I used to use DriveCrypt Plus Pack from SecurStar… But now im on Vista 64bit, and it dont support that yet…

Does CDE work the same way as DCPP…??

• Pre-Boot Authentication
  • Full disk Encryption
  • Encryption/Decryption without formating the drive(s)
  • Encrypts almost any kind of media (hard disks, floppy disks, ZIP, JAZ, etc…)
  • Recovery disk for “disaster recovery”
  • Completely transparent to the user

And will i be able to update the program without decrypting and reinstall the new release.

Thanks

Hi,

• Pre-Boot Authentication - yes, also two factor authentication at boot time.

• Full disk Encryption - yes.

• Encryption/Decryption without formatting the drive(s) - yes.

• Encrypts almost any kind of media (hard disks, floppy disks, ZIP, JAZ, etc…) - CDE supports Encrypted Virtual Drives so, you can save the Virtual Drive image on any kind of storage devices.

• Recovery disk for “disaster recovery” this is not available in BETA Version.

• Completely transparent to the user - all operations are performed on-the-fly.

And will i be able to update the program without decrypting and reinstall the new release. - you will be able.

Thanks for your answer…

One more question…

I have more that one HD in my computer… If i take one HD that is encrypted, and put it in another computer, will i be able to access that HD in the other computer…???

Thanks

You should be able to access the encrypted partitions only if you boot from that HD and you don’t have other encrypted partitions in the system, on other disks. If you have other encrypted partitions, in order to be accessed they must all use the same password & authentication type.