I confess that I am on the boards to make a friend in the virus def department

It is my job to follow up with AV vendors that block my company’s suite of products and get them unblocked. I am really done with not getting responses to emails and hope I can meet a friend on the boards who can give me straight answers.

Any friends out there? :smiley:

Welcome to the forums. I see you work for a company that is into affiliate marketing. Just as long as you don’t add your company’s name to your signature (that will be viewed as spamming) we are happy to have you here.

We sometimes get representatives of companies that look for support when their products get flagged as a virus by the AV.

In case the AV flags something erroneously as malicious please go to the AV False Positive/Negative Detection Reporting board and file a report there following How to report False Positives - Please read this before submitting !. Usually the f/p people are pretty quick. In case they aren’t you can always remind them in Post here your unfixed FP’s (only after 2 days).

If users want individual programs to be white listed they can submit them in Submit Applications Here To Be Whitelisted - 2012.

If software is digitally signed it could be interesting for a company to be put on the Trusted Software Vendors list of Comodo. Then these files will be automatically trusted by CIS. You can sign up here: Comodo Firewall | Get Best Personal Firewall Software for $29.99 A Year .