I can't update comodo: stuck in copying framework.dll

I have had this problem for a quite while now and I don’t really know what to do for it.

My Comodo version is 4.1.1 and OS is Windows 7 ultimate 64bit.

EDIT: Strange, I did some research and according to release notes it seems like I actually have the latest version of comodo (4.1.150349.920). I think just disabling auto update for a moment.

:slight_smile: https://forums.comodo.com/install-setup-configuration-help-cis/cis-says-there-is-an-update-web-site-says-not-what-about-release-notes-t51031.0.html

Probably like it is said in the stcky, the official pages are usually several days behind with both providing the latest version and release notes. As for your update problem, I don’t know. I have comodo 4.1.150349.921 and when i press ‘check for updates’ it says I have the latest version…

I too have been stuck on copying framework.dll for a long time but I’m gonna take a guess as to what the solution might be.

First, even if you cancel the update when you get that message, your version in about says 920.

Recently, I uninstalled microsoft visual c++ redistributable because I had some notion that I didn’t need it. Of course some programs started behaving weird, some wouldn’t even start.

First, I thought net framework, in my case 2.0, was damaged so I uninstalled it and reinstalled it. If you don’t know, visual c++ 2008 installs with net framework 2.0, atleast to my knowledge so after the reinstall everything was fine and dandy.

Then I figured, why not update visual c++ to the 2010 version? Did that and then out of nowhere comodo said updates were available, I clicked ok and it updated without a hitch!

I think visual c++ is the key but it’s just a guess, nothing scientifically proven :slight_smile:

If you don’t have it, download it from microsofts download center and try the updater again.

Hopefully it’ll work!