I cannot open links in email

I have various forums (like this one) set to notify me via email when a reply is made to my post. I get an email with a link to the reply.

After deleting a bunch of IE application rules today, I can no longer open those links in the email. When I click on the link I get an error stating that IE cannot display the web page.

But Comodo is not displaying any alerts not is it giving me an opporutnity to create an application rule. What should I do?

To my understanding of the rules, since you’re not getting any alerts (unless “enable alerts” is unchecked) for your application, it means your app has been allowed to connect by your app rules but disallowed by your network rules. Check your logs for this application to see what is blocking it. I suspect port limitation in your net settings.

Hilmi

I get the following error in my log when I try to access a link through an email:

Date/Time :2007-01-23 09:22:31Severity :Medium
Reporter :Application Monitor
Description: Application Access Denied (iexplore.exe:216.148.227.68: :dns(53))
Application: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
Parent: C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exeProtocol: UDP OutDestination: 216.148.227.68::dns(53)

What should I do?

Solo
I am not an expert but the message from your log tells me that your app is using svchost to reach the destination and trying to resolve DNS adress of the destination. Because it is denied, you cannot reach the destination.
My initial suggestion is:
Uncheck “Do not show alerts for applications trusted by Comodo” and try to reach that forums link from your email. You should get a pop up alert and allow it.

Hilmi