I cannot boot after installing Comodo Security Suite

I installed Comodo Security Suite on my HP 2000 Notebook PC running Windows 8.1 and it said it needed to reboot for all changes to take effect. I noticed my taskbar was missing. I clicked yes and it attempted to reboot. It said it encountered a problem and was trying to fix it. That is the last thing I have seen on my screen. Even the message telling me to press esc to change setup does not appear when I turn on the laptop. I tried Esc, F2, F7, Shift F7 with no luck. I am now just trying to get it to boot off of my recovery disks, but still nothing. Nothing appears on the screen at all. I uninstalled ZoneAlarm just before installing Comodo. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Jowi2525

This is probably obvious, but it appears that something went very wrong with the installation.

At this point I would highly advise that you try reinstalling it by following the advice I give in this post:

Also, be sure to run the removal tools advised. In order to do this you should be able to access everything through Safe Mode.

If you have any questions, or run into additional trouble, please let me know.

Thank you.

I cannot do the steps at Comodo Forum
because it crashes before I can do much at all. I get about 2 minutes.

I got the machine up enough to see the error message, DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION. I found a similar problem discussed at

https://forums.comodo.com/install-setup-configuration-help-cis-b137.0/-t99335.0.html

My post in that thread follows.

I am getting the same error and it happened immediately after installing Comodo Security Suite. I installed Comodo Security Suite on my HP 2000 Notebook PC running Windows 8.1 and it said it needed to reboot for all changes to take effect. I noticed my taskbar was missing. I clicked yes and it attempted to reboot. It said it encountered a problem and was trying to fix it. and was unable to bring the computer back up. After that I would get nothing on my screen when booting. The odd thing is that if I take the battery out and disconnect all power I can plug it back in and boot up. It is short lived though as I get the DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION blue screen before I can even uninstall Comodo. I did go into safe mode and uninstall Privdog, but it does not let me uninstall Comodo in Safe Mode. I cannot reinstall the OS since the error occurs before I can do so. I guess I will try some more to uninstall Comodo and if unsuccessful, do the factory reset. Any advise would be appreciated.

They seemed to think it had nothing to do with Comodo, but since the same thing happened to me immediately after installing Comodo Security Suite, I have to wonder.

I also found the following concerning this error:

This seems to be a similar problem with me! Ever since I installed Comodo Firewall (win8 version) I keep getting this problem, BSOD and everything! Usually occurs when I push my HP dv7 i5 CORE and all of a sudden loud whirling and CRASH bsod......

at Redirecting

I will monitor both threads.

Thanks,

Jowi2525

I added a quote structure to your post for an easier read. Eric

Through Safe Mode you should be able to run the removal tools I referenced in my other post. Please see if running those in Safe Mode is able to solve this.

Before reading that last post I did a Diagnostic Startup and uninstalled Comodo. The problem persisted. I then uninstalled Geek Buddy and the problem went away. I will let you know if the problem returns. I am using Avast now since it uses much less CPU. That was my goal when searching for a replacement for Zone Alarm.

Thanks,

Jowi2525

I encountered the same problem (Windows 8.1, DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION after installing CIS).
I loaded in Safe Mode and in Startup (in Task Manager of Windows) turn off all Comodo-related entries. After restart the system worked fine! Then I started to turn entries on one by one and found that problem was in livePCsupportcomponent. So I wiped out whole GeekBuggddy from my computer, as Jowi2525 did.