Hybrid cloud protection, Cis would only download AV sigs for newer malware

1. What version of CIS, or Comodo Firewall, are you currently using:
CIS 7.0.315459.4132

2. What actually happened or you saw:
CIS currently downloads signatures for everything in its database and stores it on the users computer.

3. What you wanted to happen or see:
Comodo could have an option during the install to enable “hybrid” cloud protection. This will only download AV signatures for malware that is a couple weeks old. All other signatures would be stored in the cloud.

4. Why you think it is desirable:
This will keep the database fairly small. It will also give the user full protection from malware when connected to the internet without having to have the whole database downloaded. This could also help make CIS lighter because it wont have to keep the whole database loaded into memory. Also, when users are not connected to the internet they could still have a pretty effective database to protect them. For users with a very slow internet connection this is likely a desired trade-off.

5. Any other information:
Users with limited bandwidth or slow speeds could greatly benefit from this. However, this option should be disabled by default. By default the entire database should be downloaded.

I have a question. Why is it even necessary to download the signatures for malware which is only a few weeks old? Why not just make it entirely cloud based?

Thanks.

For users with unreliable connections or offline protection

Thank you. I have edited your first post and added a poll. Please look them over and let me know if everything looks okay. If it does then I will forward this to the Waiting Area for voting.

Thanks.

looks fine to me

thanks

Thank you for submitting this Wish Request. I have now moved this to the WAITING AREA.

Please be sure to vote for your own wish, and for any other wishes you also support. It is also worthwhile to vote against wishes you think would be a waste of resources, as implementing those may slow down the wishes you would really like to see added.

Thanks again.

I’m sorry, but as this Wish has not yet received 20 votes, but already has more than 5 votes which are not positive, I must move this to the Rejected section. I hope you understand.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you.