Huh? This is new... [Resolved]

Well, I got a blue screen the last time, when i said ‘‘yes’’ to the question ‘‘do you want comodo to scan your PC for malware’’, cause i didn’t have the AV.I’m not sure 100% , but that’s what happened with me.This question should be there, but just if you install the full CIS.It doesn’t make sense to ask you, if you have just firewall installed.

And why Not should be question there only if you install the firewall?
D+ is and was part of original Comodo Firewall. Now just AV is integrated.

Take in mind that at any point you can ADD or Remove components from the installer.
So if i only install the Firewall part (and D+ ) and later if i choose to install the AV, what happens THEN?

So, i don’t do play cat and mouse game with you all the time, although i respect you answers, but i want solid answer from Comodo staff/developers/Melih.

I dislike online activation, too. It may be just an annoying experience with another product and not related to CIF in any way, but I have reached the phase in my life where I refuse any software that requires activation (with the single exception of Windows where there is no alternative for me). Am I limited in my choice of software by this decision? Yes, I am. Still, I am less bothered by this limitation than by the activation.

On the other hand, Comodo’s activation doesn’t fit into this category because it is not required. CIS will try to activate, but apparently doesn’t mind if it fails. (I do hope it gives up trying when it fails; I couldn’t trust a software which sneakily attempts an activation, no matter how innocent that activation was.)

If you would look to all the security programs, you have to activate them all, free and paid. there is no program where I haven't seen that yet.
That's not true at all! If it were, I couldn't afford to be as secure as I am now, because paranoia about my security would be offset by paranoia about activation! If you want just one example, Jetico's firewalls (both free v1 and shareware v2) don't use activation at all.

How is possible a firewall to scan your PC?It’s impossible.That’s why the question doesn’t make sense.

If you only install the firewall and not the AV, you are still asked if you want to run a malware scan. It’s a one-time thing.

Heh.I know.I’m just saying that’s not makes sense.This is like, if i ask you:‘‘Do you want 1000 bucks?’’
You say: ‘‘yes’’ and I say:‘‘Well i don’t have any money’’.

Do you want 100 bucks ? yeah ? Me to ;D
I guess it’s just a system to make sure that your pc is clean before going into cleanpc mode. this way novice users don’t put themselves to risk.

best regards,
eXPerience

Nah, It’s more like, here is 1000 bucks. Hey thanks, can I get another 1000? No, only one per customer. :wink:

But you’re right, it can be confusing. There have been threads here from firewall only users wondering how to scan for malware because they know CIS has scanned their system before.

renegade04, why don't you save your settings and just import them after install.You can easily avoid this issue.
or you can put it in training mode too!!!
If you only install the firewall and not the AV, you are still asked if you want to run a malware scan. It's a one-time thing.
It's for the people that would like it, you can always tell it no. Everybody gots their own preference on how they want things done. That's part of the reason way it asks first. It's not going to shove an answer down your throat, it's just offering you a choice.

O.K. I was expecting this question and i’m really glad that you asked.
I’m really bored to try to prove myself, even i know i’m right.

And by the way were are Comodo stuff and developers to get me genuine answer ?

To answer you question how is possible a firewall to scan a PC?
Here we go, Tighten Your Seat Belts :
I guess i’m not Comodo hero as you are, but i also presume that i use Comodo products longer than you.

That thing at the end of installation " Do you want scan you computer for malware" and answers are “Yes” or “No”. And if you answer “NO” will get the following question “Do you think that your computer is clean”. And you can provide answer.

Now see. That message is about HIPS part or Defense + which is integral part of Comodo Firewall.
That message has nothing to do with malware scanning or with Antivirus scanning or with installation of Antivirus in CIS.

I’m not following regularly (and i have forgoten), and i’m not tech savy user, but it was explained several times, but i think that at first that scaning included some so-called av scaning, but now i think that scaning is bases of some white list, black list.
As i said i’m not really familiarize how this scaning works and someone else should answer.
3xist where are you?

With integration of Antivirus that message is deceptive and people think that is doing Av scan.
Now that message has to be something like " Do you want Defense + (D+) or Hips part of Comodo, to scan your computer? this is of course if you choose to install the maximum od Firewall and that is Defense +.
In fact is doing scan for D+ (if you remember it’s part of Comodo firewall as i have mentioned before)

Now if you answer “No” your D+ (HIPS componet) will assume that your computer is clean and will reduce the pop-ups (they are really anoying aren’t they) ?
If you install fresh windows installation and you know that all the programs on your PC are safe you can choose to trust with this option.
By doing this, when you start SuperAntispyware, MalwarebytesAntimalware or A2, you wouldn’t get any pop-ups.
Pop-ups like : If you click on SAS, MBAM or A2 icon and want to start it and you will get :
1.Do you want to start this programs?
When you push the update buton you will get pop-up : Do you want service mbam.exe to connect to internet?
If you want to run scan. you will get tens of pop-ups of your favorite Antispyware programs like: Programs SAS is trying to access this registry key, or that regisry key, or that location, and these pop-ups are milion.
And imagine that for all the programs you can install and got answered about everything?
This question and feature is about HIPS and not about “malware scan”.
If you choose that you computer is clean you will get minimum pop-ups.
This is of course for you installed programs.
Now, try to install new program and you will see what will happen, You will get again a lot of pop-ups because Comodo is not trusting new programs, even is some Antispyware programs or any legitimate programs, unless you make to trust that programs.

This feature was available long time ago, and long time ago before integrating AV in FW and making CIS.

If you understand what i’m talking fine. If not then you have to do some own research.

Take for example Online Armor.
It is firewall and not Av ( if we don’t count the latest integrated AV release).

If you take Online Armor Free or Paid just for testing purpose, you will notice that there are same features as in Comodo.
Those features are related with HIPS part of Comodo or Online Armor, which HIPS is addition of Firewall and it has nothing to do with "Malware scan’ as you think or with Av component of CIS.

In Online armor there are two features : “run the wizard” which is equivalent as Comodo " Do you want to run malware scan".
And the second option in Online Armor is “trust everything on this computer” which is same at Comodo with answered “NO” to “to do the malware scan” or to be more precise “do you think that your computer is clean” and answered “YES”.

If you choose the first option of both OA or Comodo you will get the scanning ( but not malware scanning as you think), and after restart you will get pop-ups.
The pop-ups are for your dirvers, some programs, etc.

If you choose the second option of Online Armor of Comodo, the Firewall and Hips part will think that you computer is safe (because you have chosen that) and when you restart you pop-ups will be minimal which doesn’t means that someone will get less protection.

There are two types of Firewalls :

1. Pure firewalls - like Look ‘n’ Stop Firewall which doesn’t have HIPS component
  2. Firewalls with HIPS : Like Comodo, Online Armor and Others.

If someone chooses to install pure firewall then he will have to install stand alone hips like DefenseWall or Malware defender, which HIPS also have learning curve, have learning mode and also ask questions (remember HIPS questions, not malware questions :wink: ).

If you install Firewall with HIPS, doesn’t matter which, you will have to have that option for i’m writing and for what i have lost some many time explaning to you.

If you don’t know, ask someone more experienced member or Comodo moderators and staff, or you have to do your homework (that means use Go*gle).

And don’t post about things that you don’t understand.

Why Firewall needs to scan your PC?It’s impossible.

Bla-bla-bla. I 'm receiving a BSOD when say ‘‘yes’’, but no AV installed.Short and clear.

So are you making stupid ?? Huh, that must be new tactics.
Did you reported BSOD into “Bugs” section?
So what if you are receiving BSOD? Comodo should change whole product because you’ve received one BSOD ?
Grown-Up Man !!
I guess i have to deal with children now?
Do you really know what were we discussing all the time ?

P.S. : Please don’t reply to my posts anymore. I get annoyed.

I’m still expecting some some solid answer from Comodo :Why isn’t at the end of installation question “is this computer clean”. ?

Comodo should change whole product because you are missing the question: “is this computer clean” ?
Grow up, man. :wink:
I just don’t wanna read your movie scenarios.

That question about you are reffering to, i’ve explained it above.
About Comodo and Online Armor and they have both same questions just with different words.
I haven’t tried many Fw with HIPS so i can’t tell you whether they have same thing.
That “question” was always been there.
That “question” is important part of D+, and is not just ordinary “question” or some my request.
If that “question” is missing the people (mostly newbies) will get million pop-ups and quit from Comodo.
If that “question” is missing i will search for alternative.

About movie scenarios : you have 18 posts in the last one day at Comodo. That tells almost everything.

So, you can check how many posts have I in last 2 weeks. ;)Have a nice day.I will never talk to you again.Do not like you.

Mods, please lock this thread now, as the original topic has been answered by Melih, and the thread is now degenerating into flaming and !ot!

Thanks,

Beanie

Yeah, I guess you’re right. Oh well, here we go

%lock%

thank you all who have participated here.

best regards,
eXPerience