how to view foreign web pages in English

I did this about 10 years ago and don’t remember what that was. If I went to a Japanese web page most of the characters appeared in English. There were quite a few empty boxes instead of characters. It wasn’t perfect. But there was enough English that I could understand the general theme. I know I can go to control panel and install language support ( haven’t done that yet ) which is about 230 MB for far eastern support. Maybe this is what I did years ago, don’t remember. I know it was simple. I Googled and checked Wikipedia and got the impression if I did install other language support these web pages would display Japanese characters correctly but still not English ( I’m just using Japanese as an example ).

I’m guessing adding the language support from control panel will do what I want, display a web page in English if the proper support is installed. I think Wikipedia confused me. And what I did years ago had nothing to do with Bablefish or any translation site, it was all done on my computer. Any ideas?

I’m not 100% sure if babelfish might help you ???

Go to http://translate.google.com and enter the URL that you want translated.

Ewen :slight_smile:

When you go to a page in a foreign language, Chrome automatically offers to translate. :slight_smile:

I am not a lover of toolbars, but I use Google Toolbar for Firefox which you can set to translate pages to your language.