How to uninstall Launch Pad?

Hi Pippo,

Honestly, I am out of ideas, maybe one of the other mods or Comodo Staff will be able to help you further. Sorry :-[.

Please note - the following instructions may be considered a “brute force” removal. If you are not comfortable editing your registry or with ANY steps outlined below, DO NOT CONTINUE.

Comodo are not responsible for this procedure or any consequences from its use. I’ve done this off my own bat, but also don’t wear any responsibility for any consequences of running these steps on your PC.

These steps are purely for informational purposes only. Use at your own risk.

Whew! With that out of the way, there’s no reason for this to ■■■■■ anything up. It’s a series of file deletions and registry removals. It’s definitely not 100%, there will still be class entries (among others) left behind, but these should be picked up by most registry cleaning utilities.

You can manually remove it by following these steps;

1. CTRL - ALT - DEL to bring up task manager. Click PROCESSES, locate CLPtray.exe and END it.
    1a. Launch Pad should now disappear from the system tray.
  2. Delete the C:\PROGRAM FILES\COMODO\LAUNCH PAD folder
    2a. Executable now gone.
  3. Click START - RUN and type in MSCONFIG. Click the STARTUP tab, locate the startup entry for CLPTRAY.EXE and unselect it. Click OK but don’t reboot your PC yet.
    3a. Startup entry for Launch Pad gone.
  4. Click START - RUN and type in REGEDIT. Click on the VERY TOP entry in the left hand column (My Computer). Navigate to HKLM-SOFTWARE. Since you no longer wish to use any Comodo products, you can simply delete the following two keys form the left hand pane - COMODO and COMODOGROUP. Then navigate to HKLM-SYSTEM and delete the COMODO key from the left hand pane. Navigate to HKCU-Software and delete the COMODO and COMODOGROUP keys.
    4a. Entries responsible for starting Launch Pad are now gone (along with other Comodo related keys).
  5. Exit REGEDIT and reboot your PC.
    5a. MSConfig should appear after the PC has rebooted but Launch Pad should not.

You should now tidy up your Start menu and or desktop to remove comodo related entries.

Hope this helps,
Ewen :slight_smile:

Hi,
Here i am outlining how to get rid of Comodo Launch Pad manually:

Part I (Deleteing Comodo LaunchPad Files)

1. Comodo Launch Pad is always installed under ‘[Program Files]\Comodo\LaunchPad’, so if you have OS installed in ‘C’ drive, you can find it under ‘C:\Program Files\Comodo\LaunchPad’. So delete “LaunchPad” folder.

Part II (Deleting Comodo LaunchPad Related Registry Entries)

1. Use ‘regedit’ utility and browse to ‘HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Comodo\LaunchPad’
    and delete ‘LaunchPad’ entry, if exists.
  2. Browse to ‘HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ComodoGroup\LaunchPad’ and delete ‘LaunchPad’ entry, if exists.

Part III (Deleting Windows Startup Entries)

1. Use ‘msconfig’ utility and from “Startup” tab, delete entries related to “CLPTray.exe” and “CLPGuiApp.exe” if exists.

Dear umesh, THANK YOU SO MUCH
it’s dead ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D YEAHHHHHHHHH

BYE BYE FOREVER

“DON’T USE COMODO SOFTWARE” is now in all my signatures around the web !!!

Pippo

I hope you realise the damage you will be doing with your signature, not to Comodo but to many users who can’t afford protection!

Melih

Hi Pippo,

I understand how you feel, and how much trouble this has caused, but in the end Comodo did support you and help you in every way they could to resolve your problem, and guess what, they got it off for you. There are many users out there who cannot pay for security products, and Comodo is trying to make the best for free, if you go through with your plan on trying to get people to not use Comodo, then there will be millions of home users getting infected by viruses from hackers, and those viruses will spread with the more machines they infect. This in turn will en-danger the internet and the users of it even more then now, so please understand what you may be doing.

I really feel to be protected without using Comodo software.
I USE AVAST ANTIVIRUS & ZONEALARM FIREWALL, BOTH FOR FREE !!! So I think millions of home users can be safe without your software.

Now I delete my account because I don’t want cpme back in this forum anymore: BYE BYE and don’t use Comodo software ;D ;D ;D

Oh well, you win some you loose some…

We wish you well with your choices Pippo.

Melih

Hey Dev team, you did provide (free) support for Pippo, who clearly got much more than his or her moneys worth. Way to maintain a helpful attitude nonetheless.

Hats off! (:AGL)

Hello,

I’m glad that you noticed :D, unfortunately Pippo didn’t seem to, he needed to consider that if this were a company such as Symantec where you pay for their products he still wouldn’t have gotten better support then Comodo offered to him, plus Symantec would most likely wish to charge him for his support. Comodo offered great support, and for free. And in the end his issue was fixed. But I guess not everyone can be pleased. :-\

That’s ok. I’m sure he will like the support from ZA, if he gets any support.
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Services provided way beyond the call of duty.
OUTSTANDING support guys, WELL DONE (:CLP)

(B)

If anyone else uses the above instructions for the removal of Launch Pad, I believe you will also need to use regedit to browse to - ‘HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\ComodoGroup\LaunchPad’ and delete that entry as well.

:SMLR

hey guy i love the software but i dont like the launch pad can you help me uninstall it? doesnt pop up in the add/remove programs or no uninstall int he files. help please

LAUNCH PAD SUX!!!

Have aread of the thread next but one below this one “UNINSTALL IT” ::slight_smile:

(L)

ya launch pad really sux

See this post:

https://forums.comodo.com/index.php/topic,201.msg50532.html#msg50532

LM

Uninstall the program that brought that pest to you in the first place. What I did and found a program at source forge that did a better and easier job without the pest.

Love your Firewall guys but haven’t seen any of your other programs that really work as advertised

Is it safe to remove all Comodo launchpad entries from the registry