How to turn off updates?

I keep seeing these warnings at the top of the screen about how I must move on to the current OS to get updates. Today CD tried an autoupdate which I declined, but I suspect that will not be the end of it. I’m not going to be moving on to Win 8, Win 10, Win 11, or whatever other piece of corporate malware embedded revision the M$ minions have coming down their pipeline. Win 7 is the end of the line for M$. If Win 7 becomes useless, MX Linux is the understudy waiting in the wings to take its place.

So I need to disable any/all updates to Comodo Dragon, especially auto-updates. How?

Just turn automatic updates off. About Comodo Dragon Web Browser, Secure Web Browser | Web Browser & Internet Solutions

Perfect! I don’t suppose the ‘To get future Comodo Dragon updates, you’ll need Windows 10 or later. This computer is using Windows 7’ nag at the top of the screen can be disabled? Not a big deal, but I think once one closes it, then it should not continue to appear everytime the browser is opened.

Hi 2RiverBank,

To disable that pop-up message, please use the following steps:

1. Close Comodo Dragon
  2. Open Start, type regedit.exe and select the Registry editor result.
  3. Go to[b] HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies[/b]
  4. Right-click on Policies and select New->Key, name it “Chromium”
  5. Right-click on “Chromium” and select New > Dword (32-bit) Value.
  6. Name it SuppressUnsupportedOSWarning.
  7. Double-click on the name and set its value to 00000001.

This should remove the message.

Thank you,
Comodo Dragon Team

Many thanks. This probably saved me a chunk of money. The tech guy I use for housecalls has made it clear I’m not to mess with registry stuff, unless I want to finance his next vacation, so this will await for him to stop by and deal with. The instructions means he will not have to search the internet to find out how, and time is money.