How To Totally Uninstall CPF ? [Resolved]

Hi,
Dont know if this has been covered, i did have a quick search :wink: Although Comodo firewall worked well for me im a little scared of installing it on other peoples machines, mainly because even after an uninstall of Comodo CPF and a clean of the registry, some keys remainā€¦ they areā€¦

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\Root\LEGACY_INSPECT\0000 (DeviceDesc=Comodo Network Engine)
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\Root\LEGACY_CMDMON\0000 (DeviceDesc=Comodo Application Engine)
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\Root\LEGACY_CMDAGENT\0000 (DeviceDesc=Comodo Application Agent)
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet003\Enum\Root\LEGACY_INSPECT\0000 (DeviceDesc=Comodo Network Engine)
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet003\Enum\Root\LEGACY_CMDMON\0000 (DeviceDesc=Comodo Application Engine)
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet003\Enum\Root\LEGACY_CMDAGENT\0000 (DeviceDesc=Comodo Application Agent)
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Enum\Root\LEGACY_INSPECT\0000 (DeviceDesc=Comodo Network Engine)
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Enum\Root\LEGACY_CMDMON\0000 (DeviceDesc=Comodo Application Engine)
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Enum\Root\LEGACY_CMDAGENT\0000 (DeviceDesc=Comodo Application Agent)

They also appear to be locked, is there any way to remove these safely, or is there a CPF uninstaller utility i somehow missed.

Thanks in advance. (:WIN)

good question! i was unable to delete those same registry keys when i wanted to uninstall and re-install CPF. is there a way to remove them?

Those keys are created by windows. Windows should delete them after you uninstall CFW.

Hmmmā€¦ if I read what he wrote correctly, Poutine , said the keys are still in his system? obviously, even after a Reboot. Are U sure CPF does a ā€œcleanā€ Uninstall ? [ donā€™t mean to play Devilā€™s Advocate here] Would like to hear from otherā€™s input as well. Thanks. (:KWL)

great idea! next time iā€™m going to remember to try that.

When I re-installed I changed the permissions in the registery keys, deleted, and that culminated in my own ā€œclean un-install.ā€ However I think itā€™s wise to point out that making changes to the registry can cause problems unless youā€™re familiar. If you do go that route be careful.

(R)