How To Tell If A File Is Malicious

If you would like to know how to tell whether a file is dangerous, or not, then please read my article:
How to Tell if a File is Malicious

If anyone has any comments they can leave them either on that site or below. Either way I’ll respond to any comments and consider your suggestions for future changes.

Thanks.

avira send emails too if it is a malware/false positive :slight_smile:

Thank you for the information. I will add Avira.

Somewhat duplicate thread… I made one a while ago… Not many views. Perhaps I don’t have the right title ? ;D
https://forums.comodo.com/general_security_questions_and_comments_not_product_related/is_this_a_virus_is_it_safe_how_do_i_know_if_this_file_is_infected_or_not-t44202.0.html;msg319763#msg319763

I guess both of us think that this type of information is of extreme importance to most people who visit this forum.

I believe that this sort of topic belongs here also because this is the page that most people would visit if they have a problem with a suspicious file. Maybe I’m wrong. What do you think? ;D ??? ;D

Yes your right. I think that any board that has anything remotely related malware should have a stickied thread that helps users identify malware and so they know what to do with unknown and un trusted files. Need to get users out of the habit of downloading and clicking everything blindly…

By the way, Really nice first post :slight_smile:

Very good thread,it should be stickied. :wink:

very nice information thanks a lot

VirusTotal is where i upload stuff. Although, Comodo detects everything for me.

Shoukd any one want examine my PC in its present stae had better hurry . the bug is chrashing me an awful lot . The oast 3 days it is getting worse by the contact . By contact I mean when i click on a program , file , or folder it doesn’t like , its freezes up time . Thank every one who has cotributed to my topic . 5718Dewey

“I shall return” General Mc Arther

At 5718Dewey. Please don’t cross post. If your topic does not get attention you can bump it every 24 hrs to keep it visible.

very helpful