How to Report Malware or False Positives to Multiple Antivirus Vendors

Thank you.

Please let me know if you find any problems or have any questions.

There is no Turk AV or something like that. They spread the banker trojan as Antivirus.They say its an Antivirus that protects you from malware but Turk Antivirus is a malware itself. You can check their product on VirusTotal. Can you got my point ?

please delete Turk AV on this list there >>
http://www.techsupportalert.com/content/how-report-malware-or-false-positives-multiple-antivirus-vendors.htm

here is VirusTotal result of Turk Antivirus…especially look the comments you can understand clearly >>

and their another product( malware! ) VT result >>

and they show references from CNet from their sites on this link >>

and here comes a malware from this link here is the VT result of it >>

Thanks for pointing that out. I’ve removed them from the list as I no longer have complete confidence in them.

this is rogue product that aim steal people money. btw The first Turkish Antivirus wil be “SAVUNGAN” supported by Comodo. when it released you can add this on your website

thanks

Once it’s released, assuming that it does turn out to be trustworthy, please let me know so I can add it.

Thanks.

when it released I will send a message here Chiron :-TU

Regards.

Hi Chiron, these mail address cannot work ??? I cant send e-mail to them… when I send something for reporting, an e-mail comes that says sending failed… could you check them ? update maybe

Regards.

report@prevxresearch.com
k7viruslab@k7computing.com
michael.■■■■@antiy.com
virus_submission@centralcommand.com

I do not believe I have this in my article. PrevX has been bought by WebRoot. Therefore, all samples should be directed to WebRoot.

This is an old email address. My article contains the most recent, which works correctly.

I did find issues with submitting samples to antiy, but I did not recommend this email address in my article.

It appears that the company is no longer in business. Thus, I’ve removed them from the article.

I went over the email addresses in my article, and found a few other issues, which I am currently investigating.

Thank you.

Hi Chiron,

I have some issues listed.

1- AVG “report malware via mail” this mail adress is no longer available they said here

2- Antiy is also doesnt work :-\

3- ESET/Nod32 “online malware submission” is not working… (page doesnt open, not available)

4- eScan “online malware submission” webpage no longer available…

5- Lavasoft Ad-Aware from now on they uses Bitdefender engine… (maybe you can note this)

6- HitmanPro changed the cloud engines, they are using now Kaspersky, Bitdefender, Emsisioft (you can change the note)

7- Maybe you can add the “Combofix” in this vendor list

İf you have time please take a look for these issues :wink:

Regards :slight_smile:

I think the page is dedicated to Antivirus vendors, thus Combofix shouldn’t be added…

HitmanPro is not a antivirus, it is a on demand scanner like Combofix

HitmanPro is more designed for the public than Combofix which is used by malware removal experts…are not same.

my wish is only a suggestion…

I have removed the email address for reporting false positives.

Their site still lists that page as where suspicious samples should be submitted, but the site will not load. Please give this a few days to see if it starts working again. If not, please respond again and I will look into this further.

I have removed the malware submission form link as I cannot find any references to the page. All I can find is advice to submit it via email.

Their site still lists that page as where suspicious samples should be submitted, but the site will not load. Please give this a few days to see if it starts working again. If not, please respond again and I will look into this further.

I usually only note this if they would prefer that users submit samples directly to the other AV, in this case BitDefender. However, for most cases where their are dual engines the product would prefer to also get samples submitted to them. I believe this was the same for Lavasoft.

Thank you. I have updated the links.

I did consider this one. However, as it does not have its own website (which is one of the criteria) it was not eligible for the list.

Let me know if you find anything else.

Thank you.

Thanks for confirmation and fixes.
Also these issues happen;

1- total defence malware submission is not working, the link goes to online shop website

2- ClamAV malware submission site is here, not Immunet Free signatures only…

3- Trend Micro online malware submission site is not available, they lead to e-mail adress.

4- “Protector Plus/Proland” online malware submission website is not available now.

5- Kingsoft online malware submit website is not available now. (500-internal server error)

6- e-Scan online malware submit link not available. I found this page , you can go with ‘submit ticket’ for submission a suspicious. :-TU

7- CMC online malware submit site is not available.

8- ArcaVir/arcabit online malware submit site is not available.

9- Antiy online malware submit site is not available.

if I will see any problems I will write again :wink:

Thanks, I’ve now linked to the correct address.

Do they not share the same signatures? I ask because I don’t want to advise that users submit the same sample twice unless there is a need.

Thank you. I have now removed the site link.

Thank you. I have removed this option.

I have now redirected these links to the, hopefully correct, parts of their forum.

Thank you. I have now altered the article to use this address.

Thank you. I have now removed these links as I could not find any indications that the upload sites were still available.

Thank you. I have now removed these links as I could not find any indications that the upload site is still available.

Hello Chiron,

I found these sites for ClamAV, please check for availability…

Online Malware Submission

Online False Positive Submission

thnaks for all fixes :smiley:

I asked Immunet staff a while ago whether there is a need to submit malware to both, and they let me know that they are processed by the same team. The correspondence can be read here:
http://forum.immunet.com/index.php?/topic/1942-question-about-submitting-samples/

Thus, I think I will advise users to just submit the malware and false positives to Immunet.

Thanks.

Hello Chrion,

Antiy still not workin’… you can check yourself

Thanks