How to Protect Your Online Privacy

You might find this extension interesting, call it a multipurpose application…

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/notrace/?src=search

About this Add-on

NoTrace implements a supportive, comprehensive and improved approach for privacy protection to allow users to be aware of the risks of their navigation and to give them full control on effective actions to address online privacy threats.
NoTrace exhibits the following features:

1. Supportive privacy protection: it provides support for (novice and expert) users, awareness about privacy loss and personalized recommendations to limit it.
  2. Comprehensiveness: it addresses several malicious activities by providing, all in one, opportune countermeasures, whereas each of them is singularly provided by other popular extensions in this field. It also provides techniques to discover harmful activities through content-based filtering mechanisms and to limit the diffusion of personal identifiable information.
  3. Effectiveness: Detection of malicious objects and awareness about their privacy infringements. The tool is based on a detailed analysis and implementation of different privacy protection techniques to limit the diffusion of various bits of information to third party sites.

turnorburn

Until very recently I stayed away from chromium browsers cos of the lack of cookie control and not having an effective NoScript alternative.
Since CIS 6’s release and seeing how well CD fits within it I decided to take another look at CD
ScriptNo has now been ugdated/upgraded to ScriptSafe and I gotta say I’m impressed :-TU
with ScriptSafe I can now get a relatively good score at panopticlick https://panopticlick.eff.org/ which previously always showed CD as been unique.
I have also added Vanila and Tab Cookies Chrome Web Store along with bookmarking cookies and site data for easy access I feel I can finally be confident of my privacy using CD routed through a non-logging VPN
I also use Ghostery and Ad block

Thanks for the feedback. I’ve now added ScriptSafe instead of ScriptNo.

as a VPN that seems to keep you privacy for real,
NordVPN does the job, it looks like anyway.

NordVPN Review : VPN Creative - Your Trusted VPN Experts

what they say on torrentfreak.com :

1. We do not keep any logs – no traffic logs, no timestamps, nothing. All of our logs are pointed directly to /dev/null so as much as third parties would want it is impossible to trace the user itself. In addition, our service has only a minimal configuration which does not give away any information about the user.

2. We operate under the jurisdiction of Panama. There is no data retention law in Panama hence we are allowed not to keep logs legally. We do not share any information with 3rd parties under any circumstances.

3. No tools are used to monitor our users at any case. However, we hope our users understand that any abusive action they perform through our servers could lead to the shutdown of the datacenter or the server in the particular country. At this point, we strongly believe our users understand what this could lead to and will not perform any abusive action on our servers.

4. All these notices are ignored as it has no law compliance with us. We are not a torrent hosting or promoting company. Furthermore, all our servers where P2P program usage is allowed operate in countries where there are no data retention laws. It is in our future plans to start announcing all these notices we receive just to prove our privacy policy. We care about the actual privacy of our users.

5. If we receive a valid court order at first it has to comply with the laws of Panama. In that case, the court should be settled in Panama and even if that happens we will not be able to provide any information because we keep exactly nothing about our users.

6. As stated above, the usage of BitTorrent and other file-sharing applications are allowed on certain servers. BitTorrent and other file-sharing applications are allowed on certain servers. We allow P2P traffic on servers that are located in the countries where there are no laws forbidding P2P traffic.

7. We accept payments via Bitcoin, PayPal, Paysera, WebMoney. Bitcoin is the best way of paying to maintain your anonymity as it has only the paid amount linked to the client. Users who purchase services via PayPal are linked with the usual information the seller can see about the buyer. Clients who subscribe to our services via Paysera are linked with their full name. However, even the VPN account is linked with the payment system account it is not linked with the performed activities on our servers.

8. Recently, we have added high anonymity solutions which we would like to recommend to everyone seeking real privacy. One of them is Double VPN. The traffic is routed through at least two hops and then reaches the Internet. The connection is encrypted within two layers of cipher AES-256-CBC encryption. Another security solution – Tor over VPN. Firstly, the traffic is encrypted within NordVPN layer and later sent to the Tor network and exits to the Internet through one of the Tor exit relays.

Both of these security solutions give a great encryption and anonymity combination. The benefit of using these solutions is that the chances of being tracked are eliminated. In addition, you are able to access .onion websites when connected to Tor over VPN. Finally, our regular servers also have a strong encryption which is 2048bit SSL for OpenVPN protocol, AES-256bit for L2TP. Currently we are working on even higher security solutions which will be accessible through our software in the second quarter of 2014.

From what I can tell NordVPN is paid only. Do they have a free version? For the articles I create all software must be free.

Thanks.

oh okay.
A free version for a good VPN ?
nope i don’t know something like that.

Cookies make you vulnerable, and controlling it with Cookie Controller can help increase your security. It has so many features that can control the action of cookies in your browser, so you won’t have to worry about your identity being stolen.

Yes quite true cookies can make vulnerable, but also adding a signature or website to your profile will result in you being banned and reported.

Dennis

Don.t know if I should really give this away because it is after all very valuable
Information… ;D But I,m a generous person…plus I really want to become a Comodo Hero :smiley:

Here is some up to date Solid Info about Privacy…

https://www.privacytools.io/

Just to let everyone know, I actually get my Info from Security Experts
Once they give something the green light I tend to trust it.