How to make a 'closed' port 'steath' again ...

Good morning,

For the record I am using a Compaq Presario AMD Athlon™ 64 Processor 3300+, 2411MHz/1.93 GBs RAM, running Windows Xp Home, SP3., with IE8 and the latest version of Comodo Firewall.

Yesterday Ronny walked me through a Diagnostics problem which is now solved.

However, after just doing a clean install of Comodo Firewall, which helped to solve the Diagnostics problem, I tried to check how the firewall was now working by utilizing the program “Shields Up”.

To make a long story short when I was checking the ‘Common Ports’ feature of Shield’s Up I can’t remember if I told Comodo to allow or block Shield’s Up incoming probes. Regardless, Shield’s Up now shows my Port 1030 as being ‘closed’.

(1) Is there a way I can get Comodo to return it to the ‘steath’ reading?

(2) And, in the future, when I am running ‘Shield’s Up’ … should I allow or block their probes?

Thanks and regards,

2harts4ever

Hello 2harts! Long time no see, I hope life is treating you well and the family :slight_smile:

(1)You should be able to stealth the ports with the “Stealth ports wizard” found within the firewall → common.

(2) You should block these probes.

Note: If you have a router, It’s most likely has it’s own firewall inbuilt, GRC will be testing this firewall.

Also, I wouldn’t be too worried about “Stealthed ports” So long as they are “Closed” If the ports are closed, They won’t transmit data that was requested externally.

Hope this helps :slight_smile: take care.

Hi Kyle,

Your fix worked like a charm.! :slight_smile: Port #1030 is now back to ‘steath’! :wink:

It is good to hear from you again too. The family is fine.

The only exception to that statement is my father passed away about a year ago but it was a blessing because his body was riddled with cancer and the associated pain that goes with it.

Hope everything is okay on your end of the world too.

Thanks and regards,

2harts4ever