How to Harden Your Browser Against Malware and Privacy Concerns

Hello, I have written an article about How to Harden Your Browser Against Malware and Privacy Concerns. This article details exactly what you need to change, or add, to whichever browser you are using in order to greatly increase both its security and privacy.

I have also separated the advice into that should not have any noticeable affect on your browsing experience, and that which will but will also greatly increase your security or privacy.

Please let me know what you think.

Thanks.

Excellent work as always :-TU

Nice work Chiron. :-TU

Ive found that if you use the EasyPrivacy filter subscription in AdBlock Plus and the RequestPolicy extension, Ghostery is going to be completely redundant, as it will never find any trackers. :slight_smile: I haven’t used Do Not Track Plus, but I would expect similar results.

Thanks.

The only problem with that is that RequestPolicy is really only suitable for advanced users. However, Ghostery or Do Not Track Plus are easy enough that anyone can use them. Thus, I believe I should continue to recommend both.

Fair enough. Then even without RequestPolicy, try Ghostery with the EasyPrivacy filter list in ABP and see how many tracker hits you get.

The last time I was trying out Ghostery, It never found anything during several weeks of browsing. Now granted, I can’t possibly say that the EasyPrivacy filter will get everything, but in my testing, I didn’t encounter anything that it did not.

Note that I’m not saying to change your article as it’s useful information, I’m just saying give it a try. :slight_smile: