how to get a setting for opera about CFP v3.0.7.208 Beta

how to get a setting for opera about CFP v3.0.7.208 Beta

I use opera which is 9.23,but I make the firewall allow all,the opera doesn’t work as usual^
and Mozilla Thunderbird doesn’t work well,too

help me ……
thx

[attachment deleted by admin]

Is anything being blocked in the logs?

jasper

Hallo xJw29,
wellcome to the forums,

It looks like you are running Avast.

Avast web protection and network protection have compatibility problems with CPF3 beta.
It can be worth trying to disable them.

Also you need to add ftp rules to opera.exe in Network security policy.

So it could prove useful to create a predefined firewall policy named “Web Browsers with FTP capabilities” made of:

• Allow TCP OUT From IP ANY To IP ANY where SOURCE PORT is ANY and DESTINATION PORT is 80
  • Allow TCP OUT From IP ANY To IP ANY where SOURCE PORT is ANY and DESTINATION PORT is 443
  • Allow TCP OUT From IP ANY To IP ANY where SOURCE PORT is ANY and DESTINATION PORT is 21
  • Allow TCP IN From IP ANY To IP ANY where SOURCE PORT is ANY and DESTINATION PORT is 20
  • Allow UDP OUT From IP ANY To IP ANY where SOURCE PORT is ANY and DESTINATION PORT is 53
  • Block and LOG IP IN/OUT From IP ANY To IP ANY where PROTOCOL is ANY

Then you can continue testing CPF3 beta setting the firewall to Learn Safe Only.

Opera has a built in mail client as well.

For that to work I think incoming traffice from port 110 (popmail) and outgoing traffic at port 25 (smtp traffic) needs to granted as well.

Yes that should be it if you wish to use opera as an email client as well but you could add a rule wth the destination port set POP3/SMTP (which will add more ports) + TCP/UDP ports 119 and 563 for the nntp protocol.

PS: Was your problem solved disabling Avast web and network protection?

For Avast you can double-click on the systray icon and choose Web Shield>Customize and you will see a box with a port number about half way down the page that says “Redirected HTTP Ports”. You need to change that to any port but 80. I have mine set to 12020 which is what someone in another thread on here suggested.

I couldn’t browse the internet with FF until I did that. I also had to go into FF and change a setting about the proxy settings.

Tools>Options>Advanced-Network Tab>under Connection click on Settings>check Auto detect proxy settings for this network

Some have not had to do the FF thing but I did have to in order to get it to work with Avast. Have had no problems since with FF anyway.

jasper

I don’t disable the avast web protection and network protection ……
but now everything is ok

[attachment deleted by admin]

I also want to know the Mozilla Thunderbird setting^
thx^

I went to the eicar site to test my setup with the proxy. gibran pointed out to me that I am basically disabling the webshield but leaving it in memory.

The file is put on my PC before it gets found by Avast. If the webshield is on then it will catch it before it gets on my PC. I tried it and he is right.

I do have NoScript running on FF but that still wouldn’t stop me from approving the site and downloading the file.

thanks for the heads up on that gibran.

jasper

why not use avast pro?just use free?