How to block Ping reply (ICMP echo) with Comodo Firewall or otherwise?

My home PC running Windows 7 Service Pack 1 is equipped with Comodo Firewall 5.10.228257.2253 and a 2Wire 5012NV wireless modem.

I have used the stealth ports wizard “Alert me to incoming connections and make my ports stealth on a per-case basis” to edit Comodo Firewall, but there is still a fail message “Ping reply received” as detected by GRC ShieldsUP. I am puzzled if my 2Wire wireless modem will have to be edited too. How to proceed with?

I appreciate it much if any technical assistance will be given to have my problem solved.

AChung

From what I understand your modem has a router built in. That means that GRC is probing your router and not the Comodo firewall on your computer.

Hi, Eric

Thank you for your response.

If so, how to block the Ping reply (ICMP echo) with my broadband modem ■■■ wireless router, which is provided by ISP (internet service provider)? As noted, the modem requires a technician password to edit the advance setting of its Firewall. Should I go back to ISP for help?

Regards,
AChung

With a similar problem https://forums.comodo.com/general-security-questions-and-comments/my-modemrouter-replies-to-icmp-echo-request-t77379.0.html (router provided by Italian ISP with no possibility to modify its settings) I had to search on Internet a “hackers” Board where some guys gave solutions how to enter the hidden pages.
In a few words you are forced to hack it.
Not an orthodox way, but it worked

Every modem/router is different. You will need to refer to your modem/routers documentation for the method required to do this. If a password is needed, then you will likely need to contact your ISP to find out the password.