How to be secure when Detection fails

There is progress, agree.

that’s the plan

I personally use the old CIS on my personal laptops and it just works!

Looking forward to new version though :wink:

thats nice to know but for now its a plan… hope this plan becomes reallity :slight_smile:

Plan is the first step in any journey…

Me too.

Of course, I also had sometimes my doubts as to whether an “old” cis could still offer the protection I’ve been used to from it over the years. Because you can read the intelligence with which criminals can adapt their malware to the changed protective measures and sneak in unnoticed. Sometimes not recognizable even for experienced people, even some protection software can be tricked in this way. You just have to do some research on the internet.

The last attempt to break into my pc came from the address even from Adobe, Remote Computer. I don’t think Adobe itself was behind it. I ended the corresponding program, called it up again, the same attempt again.

I uninstalled the program, cleaned my PC of the remnants of the program, scanned it with three various programs and later reinstalled it. No more trying. Never actually had any problems with the Adobe programs and assume that hackers were at work here. Adobe is well known for phoning home. I prevent this as far as possible as long as the program is still usable. But the attempt taking control of my computer and reading keystrokes as well as screen reading, as cis reported, I’ve never had that problem. By the way, I never use pirated copies.

Version 12.2.4.8032 work on Windows 11 25290.1010 Dev no problem. But still waiting for a new, updated version.

Comodo CIS users have not doubted the current effectiveness of the software.

As hackers become more and more effective, it is necessary that there is support for the software.

Users were concerned about the future, whether Comodo would abandon CIS and there would be no support.

Melih’s message removed that doubt.

Not entirely correct. Why do many want/want an update? What are updates for? Why the urgent call not to use old Windows or outdated software? Only because of embellishments, changes in color, buttons, etc.? I don’t need a nicer CIS, more modern look. So what is it all about.

Example:

Re: CIS Certifications, Test Results & Reviews ? Reply #2435 on: May 24, 2021, 09:00:22 AM ? Quote from: liosant on May 23, 2021, 03:33:47 PM Protection of Comodo internet security is preventive, in other words, comodo internet security detect and prevent action malicious from spywares; :-TU Other security softwares detect, but not prevent as comodo internet security...

Even if you don’t use the browser in virtualized mode?
Is this protection possible even when using the browser normally?

It’s always about security when it comes to updates.

I also never had any doubts (reliing on my experience with CIS), which arose due to uncertainties, after reading the many opinions here in the forum and what is reported about the new methods of hackers (have you ever read any?).

Comodo CIS is a security software and not a graphics software, a game software, …
I need it to be reliable and protect my laptop from attacks.
The current look of Comodo CIS suits me perfectly; it is simple and structured. I don’t need any ergonomic embellishments.

A support team is essential to fix known and future bugs. This point was completely unclear until Melih’s intervention. This was a concern for Comodo CIS users.
Windows 11 is out. Comodo CIS will need to run and be certified on this OS.

It was all these points, with no visibility of the future, that worried users.

indeed indeed… :3

Of course you’re right, that’s not what I mean.

I forget to delete some sentences in this quote:

Quote from: domo78 on Yesterday at 05:48:42 pm Comodo CIS users have not doubted the current effectiveness of the software.

I was referring to that sentence with “This is not entirely correct”.

Not only [at]cisfan i.e. was/were concerned about security because of bugs. Other wanted cis to be modernized in its appearance. And I as a user was concerned obout security because of sophisticated (succesful) attempts of hackers to trick security software.

Some have problems with cis, some have no problems with cis. Cis runs smoothly on my Windows 10-PC, nearly ever.

That’s all now by me.

I wonder when the release of the updated CIS is expected? :-TU

we all wonder that… i think…

I’d like to see some public beta releases on here like used to be done so when the final releases come out, they will be well tested. Not by me, of course, I don’t do that, but there are clearly many people on here eager to beta test.

Just read the topic ! :stuck_out_tongue:

My English is not very good, maybe I missed something.

I’m on this forum since [at least] 15 years. I’ve seen good and bad. But when the CEO is missing for 2 straight years and now comes back suddenly, I’m somehow suspicious. I hope you’ll prove me wrong.

CEO was busy building Open Source Endpoint Detection & Response platform…
Now we’ll update the consumer product…

As we all know Comodo Innovation continoued to protect everyone, I didn’t have to be here.
Does it need a face lift…yes it does…
Does it need some new features adding in…yes it does…
Was it working and protect users last two years…yes it was…

So instead of being suspcious…be helpful…its more useful for everyone…reminded me of this …THINK…

1 Like

Melih, thanks for a great product. I’m sure it will get even better.

I have been using CIS for 13 years. :-TU