How to be secure when Detection fails

[As I crawl out from under the rock where i have been lurking for several years…]

Hi Melih, and Ewen, and all the forum mods!

Some of the old-timers in the forums may remember me from the Usability Study group (in fact, that ancient topic is still accessible in the special permission boards).
I started using CIS and first joined these forums over 15 years ago!
And so far, CIS has never let me down :-TU

This is great news !

I hope everyone is doing well.
All the best for 2023 and beyond,
Whoop

Thank you guys!

We are putting the band back together :wink:

:■■■■

its funny to think about it: until last week we were complaining like hell, almost abandoning cis… and now, with melih talking to us, we are happy as f$#@ :slight_smile:

crazy days…

melih, is cis going to share the same modules between pro and free? or are we going to have some sort of free product with striped down modules?

Our intention is to provide security for free.
then have additional “service/capability” that people can pay for.

Lets put it this way: It will be the most secure free Endpoint Security product in the world!

And most stable / reliable (bug fixes)? :slight_smile:

does that means we can expect a new cis with a new theme, fully compatible with windows 10 22h2 and 11 22h2, with atleast “antivirus”, “firewall” and “contaiment” modules? if so, bring it!!! :3

CIS was, is and will remain the best security software on the market. YES!

What is an endpoint (connected device)?

An endpoint can be a laptop, a tablet, a smartphone, a connected watch, a printer, a server, a medical device or even a cash dispenser.

Only the perimeter security (inbound and outbound) is insufficient and new vulnerabilities appear. For their part, hackers are doubling their inventiveness to access data, steal it or manipulate employees to extract information from them.

It is for this reason that a firewall is important, in particular the control of entries/exits or the transit of important data.
Comodo’s firewall is literally an important safeguard to protect user data. Personally I use it in “personalized” mode to protect myself such as:

In stealth mode from outside:

https://forums.comodo.com/firewall-help-cis/firewall-is-allowing-alloutgoing-requests-on-default-install-safe-mode-t128910.0.html;msg922082#msg922082

Entity spoofing control:

https://zorkas.fr/index.php?topic=771.msg3872#new

Control of all outgoing applications:

Etc…

Totally essential for me to consider truly defensive protection !

i use CIS in windows 11 21h2(22000.1455) and CIS is 100% compatible;
Updates is important for disclosure… :-TU

Hi liosant,

I do not wish to be disrespectful in anyway, but you keep saying that CIS is ’ 100% ’ compatible. It might be with your particular PC and installed drivers and software, but unfortunately I have at least 2 x machines where it is not and causes severe slowdowns / non responsive machine and have had to uninstall CIS :(. Others have also found this, which is why we have been asking for an update to the program.

It is very good to hear from Melih again on here and look forward to the ’ next generation ’ of an improved CIS for home users and new GUI - the GUI from the Cloud Antivirus was well received so that would be nice :-TU

@melih are you able to expand on which parts will be paid for ? Will it remain in it’s current paid for setting or changing ?

It’s hoped that this new enthusiasm from Comodo CIS users will translate into concrete support through the purchase of one licence for the product (a favour in return).

I only get enthusiastic after downloading the new next generation improved CIS and confirming that bugs have been fixed.

Great news, looking forward to it. :-TU

why? as mellih always said that the cis is to be free to anyone… and it will be difficult to “ignore” these almost 3 years of waiting without answers from comodo…

You are right, Comodo’s communication was indeed very poor.

However, this does not prevent you from having a problem with subtraction (March 2023-March 2021 = 2 years).

I agree with you; like St Thomas, we will only believe what we see.

Nevertheless, there is clear progress in the communication from Comodo and Melih seems determined to take the issue forward.

Comodo Internet Security 2020 v12.2.2.8012 Released on 28-03-2021, 22:13:44. Today is 08/02/2023 … so, 2 years, 11 months and some days (considering time lapses)… dude… dont be like that…

Of course, it is frightening for some to read this: Two years no update! - What a terrible software - a gateway for cyber criminals who are not sleeping.

But: Just recently comodo again protected my pc from another computer that was trying to gain the control of mine. Comodo stopped and interrupted the attempt.

Comodo also displayed the address.