How to allow access to print spooler directory for all programs

Okay, I’m stumped. I’ve searched the forum and the documentation, but I can’t find a place where I can define the print spooler directory … C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\PRINTERS\ … as a directory that any program can write in to.

I’ve figured out how to allow any individual program to do so by modifying the “Protected Files And Folders” in the Application Security Policy / Computer Security Policy windows, but that’s a PIA to do so for each and every app that want’s to print something. There’s got to be a way to set this, but it sure isn’t obvious. :THNK

Anyhow, thanks in advance for your help and replies …

VictorZ

I have been searching for the same documentation… please let me know if you figure it out

Haven’t found anything yet … hoping that this “bump” in the thread brings it back to the fore and maybe someone will see it who can provide an answer.

V

Ok I’ve found one way to do it… i have no idea if its the smartest way, but it works.

In the COMODO, select the Defense+ tab, then Advanced, then Computer Security Policy.

Find and select the line called All Applications (has a * in the subline), choose Edit.

Select Access Rights, and then the Modify button on the Protected Files/Folderes line.

On the Allowed Files/Folders tab, Add the (in my case) c:\Windows\system32\spool*

Try it, and get back to me.

Jarl,

Works for me, so thank you.

I was beginning to wonder if anyone else used a printer. }-;

iefbr14

Jarl,

Haven’t had the chance to try it, but that looks like it’ll work. Even making the necessary modifications is far less than intuitive however. Seems to me like the interface could use a little tweaking.

Many thanks!

VZ