How To Achieve Max Security With ZERO Alerts! - Disccusion

It seems my video isn’t posted again. 88)

You didn’t post it before because I didn’t have the bug work-around instructions. But they are on there now…

:slight_smile:
I added it Jeremy. Thanks mate.

Cheers,
Josh

‘Most stuff can be penetrated…’

Monkey_Boy=)
thanks mate for the valuable info!!! gonna pay more attention as suggested :slight_smile:

Hey guys — i’ve currently uninstalled ALL comodo products for the time being. CSC constantly kills my registry and is tiresome to use:

1. Often get the message after a power clean to ‘restart now’ and we should be able to ‘restart later’
  2. The wiper is almost useless — the settings aren’t remembered and when you wipe the free space it is too quick — 2 seconds to wipe an entire 300GB drive — something isn’t right with that.

As for CIS i tried to achieve Max Security with ZERO alerts but it isn’t a functional way to use your computer every day…i tried to install a game and it wouldn’t let me, so i had to change it to install/uninstall but for someone who doesn’t know how to do that they would be SOL. The antivirus still has too many FP and overall the program is too complicated for a set it and forget mode.

Just my 2 cents

I work with this Zero setup but mis the pop-up that my definitions are updated. There are to things I like to see. One is the def. pop-up and two is if there is a virus that I get noticed. How to get this actions visible?

Hello

Thank you for your feedback Regarding CIS in this configuration. Install/Update mode, yes can be a bit annoying to switch too when installing new applications on to your computer, This is the best possible method with the current version of CIS and the features it has that are utilized. About CSC, Please feel free to voice your opinion in that appropriate board for the product. The CSC Developers activity listen and interact with users on a daily basis to make CSC the best product possible.

To get the def pop up, Navigate to Miscellaneous>Settings>General and tick “Show balloon
messages”. AV Updating Alerts have been disabled by default since CIS v3.10, since the AV is updating every few hours now and that caused more problems then it did turned on. For the AV Alert, you do not suppress the AV Alerts. Navigate back to the Settings Window, and Under parenteral control make sure that AV Alerts are not suppressed.

Regards,
Josh

So Thanks for the tip, now I see that updates are made but now I also see D+ pop-ups constantly telling what its doing. Dan I turn the balloons from D+ off?

Yes. Go to Miscellaneous > Settings > General > Uncheck “Show balloon messages”. :slight_smile:

Josh.
Generally your suggestions work very well except in one respect.
Every time my screen saver cuts in it produces a popup(rundall 32).
This is really very annoying.
Any thoughts as to how i stop it?.
Thanks and Regards

Maybe check “Remember action” in the alert?

That,i regret,makes no difference.
Thanks for your interest

Try this:

Go D+ training mode:

Right click in CIS icon in tray > Mouse over Defense+ Security Level > Remember what is checked for later on, then click Training Mode.

Wait for screensaver. Shouldn’t make a popup.

Once past the place where the popup usually comes, follow the first directions but check, not Training Mode, but whatever was checked before.

Thanks again.
Everything has been tried,I promise you.
This thing has a mind of it’s own.
It only effects Windows 7 and not XP.
So when i get annoyed i switch to XP.False Positives and all.
We definitely need an update before V.4.
Regards

Hmm…I guess it could be a W7 bug. I just didn’t think other W7 users had that CIS bug. Well, W7 is not fully supported so…

Anyway, one more thing (yeah I know you said “everything has been tried” but still… :)): you could try changing RunDLL32’s policies/permissions in CIS to Windows System Application.

Go to the Defense+ tab > Advanced > Computer Security Policy > Find and double-click the RunDLL32 entry > Change the predefined policy to Windows System Application > Apply.

If this doesn’t help, or if RunDLL32 was already a Windows System Application…then I’m afraid I can’t help you any.

Thanks.
Anything is worth trying.

I looked at your suggestion.
There is no"Windows System Application"
The two alternatives are"Use a Predifined Policy" or "Use Custom Policy.
At the moment it is set to “Custom Policy”.
Regards

The Windows System Application is in the drop down box available after you select Use a Predefined Policy.

Thanks.
I will give it a go after i have seen what the latest updates produce.
Regards

Am trying your suggestion,so far so good.
Thanks and Regards

‘‘NOTE: There is a Parental Control bug with the latest version where it is not taking effect, Here is a work around to go around it:’’

does the bug exist in 3.13 cause I’m not sure it works as it should…