How many processes?

Usually they look right but from time to time I have strange numbers. And it’s not the first time.

1. CPU: E8400
  2. OS: Seven x64 all updates
  3. Running CIS (FW and D+) and CTM.
  4. Bug: too many processes from time to time. Unfortunately no pattern to reproduce them
  5. Solution: restart CIS GUI and everything is fine
  6. FW in Safe Mode, D+ in Safe Mode, Configuration Proactive
  7. No BSOD
  8. Administrator account, UAC off.

[attachment deleted by admin]

On my system (XP Pro SP3) they disappear after a few seconds when an application is closed.

When you see the discrepancy, does it come down to a realistic number after a period of time? (Obviously don’t initiate any processes during this time) Perhaps there is a process that is hogging a lot of CPU cycles slowing the time out down when you see this? (Maybe an AV update is happening or something?)

I noticed that a couple of days ago, attempted to terminate the incorrectly reported process within CIS, and then CIS crashed. I didn’t save the crash dump thought 88).

Yep, usually the same here but from time to time they go wild. :smiley:
But if I close cmtray.exe then launch it again all processes are fine again.

You should report this in the compatibility thread as it sounds like there is an issue between cmtray.exe and CIS.

Sorry I meant cfp.exe. CIS GUI.

I would love to see process ID in hex numbers rather then decimal.

Hello burebista can you add all required information to you topic start as described in Important: how to submit bugreports (read this if you want them fixed)?

This will help the devs so they can reproduce the problems more quickly.

OK, point by point. :slight_smile:

1. CPU: E8400
  2. OS: Seven x64 all updates
  3. Running CIS (FW and D+) and CTM.
  4. Bug: too many processes from time to time. Unfortunately no pattern to reproduce them
  5. Solution: restart CIS GUI and everything is fine
  6. FW in Safe Mode, D+ in Safe Mode, Configuration Proactive
  7. No BSOD
  8. Administrator account, UAC off.

Thanks.:-TU I added them to your topic start.