How many "Dragon.exe" does it take to run?

Hi,
I do not know if this is a bug or something I am doing wrong.
I have just updated CD to 3.1.1.
My PC now seems to have slowed down considerably with CD open.
I have checked with “Taskmanager” and find 9 (nine) instances of "dragon.exe *32 - is this correct?
[Please see attachment]
I don’t seem to remember more than one instance with previous versions.
I would appreciate any and all assistance you care to render.
Thanks.

O/S: Win 7 Pro up to date.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Hi dustyv,
Dragon is using multi-process architecture which has been used for quite a long while, hence the multiple entries in Windows Task Manager.
Multi-process Architecture-Chromium
Multi-process Architecture-Chromium Blog

Shift+Esc will open Dragons Task Manager, this will show each individual process of Dragon.

Does CD appear to slow the entire system or just the browser seems slow?

Thanks.

Hello Captainsticks,
I thank you for your reply, I have just started using CD (normally I use Ice dragon).
I thought the PC was slowing down as a result of opening CD, I now think it was because my PC has been on for over 12 hours, and maybe it was just a little too much for it.
I read the 2 links you provided, thanks, the Blog one I understood better (not being a ‘techie’)
This has now answered my question.
I appreciate your assistance and knowledge.
Thanks again.
dustyv

You are welcome, I am glad that helped and also glad to hear that your system appears to be OK. :slight_smile:

Kind regards.

It is possible to have Chromium based browser to run a single process using comman line parameters. A list can be found here: http://âpp.com/Paib . A video on how to use the command line parameters: http://downloadsquad.switched.com/2010/01/22/how-to-add-command-line-switches-to-google-chrome-or-chromium/ .

One advantage of multiple processes is a more stable browser. Firefox freezes on me quite a bit but Chromium browsers almost never do this. If your computer can handle it I would run Comodo Dragon with multiple processes.

Hi Eric,
It appears this switch is no longer supported by Dragon (See screenshot) or Chrome (See link), I am not sure about the other Chromium based browsers.
Single process doesn’t work-Chrome Forum

Kind regards.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Thank you for the heads up.

!ot! Google is discriminating Opera with Presto engine. When I went to the mentioned page it told me the browser was not supported. Masking as FF showed the page and needles to say it was working fine in Opera 12.16… (:KWL) (:NRD)