How good is the Anti-Virus

I have just downloaded the Beta versin of Anti-Virus 2.0 and i have read many negative reviews, the most reviews are over detection virusses, trojans, malware, scumware and other serious threaths.
Detects the new anti-virus all in the wild virusses and trojans and malware, for malware i use comodo boclean.
I have not installed the beta version of Comodo anti-virus because it is not yet certified by icsa so how trustfull is the anti-virus.

G’day,

I currently have it installed on 45 PCs in a production environment with over 2,500 devices on the LAN. We have noticeably less infection problems with the CAVS PCs that with the other Mc@$$ee equipped ones. While it’s true CAVS does not have as high a detection rate as other AVs, it’s additional outer prevention layer stops the gunk reaching the PC in the first place.

This is not to say that the other AV is no good, just that CAVS takes a different approach, focussing on keeping the PC clean, rather than being able to clean it after its infected. This is why the majority of AV testing sites rank CAVS poorly, as they are focussed on the detection-removal methods, and don’t cater for products that take a different approach.

As with most things in life, there will always be differing opinions.

My advice would be to try it out on a non-producton system and see what YOU think of it, in YOUR environment.

Hope this helps,
Ewen :slight_smile: