How does game mode work?

How does game mode work? A question was asked of me and I could not find any info on the subject!
???

I would also like to hear details. Does it auto-deny everything, or auto-allow?

As I recall, without trying to locate the specifics, it disables all CIS updates and alerts, allowing your game to play uninterrupted,

If it disables alerts, CIS has to make a decision on it’s own, unless it is something it sandbox. So I am guessing auto-deny.

If a rogue entered your system yes, it still will be stopped. Auto-deny, just no alerts.
Enjoy your gaming.

what about auto-allow the game through the firewall if it needs to connect to a server?

how do you enable the game mode ? ??? ??? ???

Right click the tray icon, and the click game mode and a little check will appear beside it.

Appears to be a new feature in version 5

From CIS 5 Help Doc’s

Game Mode – Switches CIS 2011 to Game Mode to enable you to play your games without any interruptions from various alerts in your computer. The operations that can interfere with users’ gaming experience are either suppressed or postponed.
and also
In game mode:
 •    Defense+/Firewall alerts are suppressed as if they are in training mode; 

•    AV database updates and scheduled scans are postponed until the gaming is over; 

•    Automatic isolation of unknown applications and real-time virus detection are still functional. 

Deactivate Game Mode to resume alerts and scheduled scans.

May Download the Help PDF here for 5.x

For 4.X

Cheers

It works great, but I forget to turn it back off sometimes. Maybe if you could make it remind you that it is still in game mode when you exit a full screen application.

Indeed when you enable game mode it should some how change it’s system tray (notification area) icon to make it more obvious that game mode is on.

Hehe, this actually has happened to me too, I forgot to deactivate game mode so I’m down with implementing some reminding method when you close the game ! I hope they would implement this in the next CIS version.

+1 :-TU

A bit like the old Training Mode.

Anyone knows the gameguard issue still there?

This is where the somewhere previously mentioned changing the colors of the taskbar CIS Shield would come in most useful. Having it change from the basic red for standard usage and having it change to yellow, etc., to blue or green for having it in game mode.

I am still in favor of the previous Shield that was used in version 3 (I believe) best of all.

Roger

I’m curious of this too actually, the games I play that used gameguard in the past have since switched to Hackshield. If I remember correctly the issue was from gameguard trying to somehow hook into the Comodo processes and Comodo not allowing it to.