how do you enable search engine protection and certcentry

now in chromium browsers if a 3rd party app tries to change your default search engine you will be alerted through the browser. how do you enable this?

I found this link with some instructions for enabling it but I don’t understand the instructions.

Google Chrome to Protect Its Default Search Engine from Changes Being Made By Third-Party Programs

also how do you enable certcentry. if it’s already enabled then how do you test it

bump

Hello,

You have to open the Properties of the Dragon shortcut and add the “–protector” switch in the “Target” field, after the path.

You will find information on CertSentry in this thread.

Regards.

it doesn’t work. i get an error message when i hit ok to save the changes. this is what it looks like when i add protector

“C:\Program Files (x86)\Comodo\Dragon\dragon.exe”–protector

am i adding it wrong

I think there should be an space

“C:\Program Files (x86)\Comodo\Dragon\dragon.exe” --protector

it went through. do you know of a way to test if it actually prevents search engine changes that aren’t made by the user without installing software that changes your default search engine?

also do you know of a way to prevent your home page from being changed and from extensions and plugins from being added without the users knowledge