How do you allow .exe files from being blocked?

How do you allow .exe files from being blocked?

also, the firewall doesn’t “display balloon messages” when it blocks “network defense” and/or “proactive defense” even though “display balloon messages” is checked. by “balloon messages,” i mean the popup that let’s you “allow” whatever thing was blocked.

Evening & Welcome :slight_smile:

To Unblock A File From Defense+ or Firewall

You Go To Firewall > Advanced > Network Security Policy > Find The File > Edit > Remove The Rule That Says Block (Usually with a red balloon)

You Go To Defense+ > Advanced > Computer Security Policy > Find The File > Edit > Remove The Rule That Says Block (Usually with a red balloon)

Did this solve your issue?

• Jacob

the file is not in Firewall > “Find The File”

the program is not already installed - i’m trying to install it.

almost everything in Defense+ > Advanced > Computer Security Policy is “custom policy,” but i don’t know why, and there are no green checks or red x

Oh, When You Do Install It A Pop Up Will Ask You To Ok (Allow) or Cancel (Deny) the access to the Internet, if not already in comodo’s White List.

When a pop up comes, and you click ok or deny; it creates a rule for that application and a program has a set of rules called a policy, in which this is why it’s called “custom” policy… meaning you said yes or no to what ever the application ask’d for.

Did this solve your issue?

• Jacob

He isn’t getting the pop ups.

superconfuse,

name your operating system and CIS version etc.

“When You Do Install It A Pop Up Will Ask You To Ok (Allow) or Cancel (Deny)”
i never get any popups anymore since a while ago - after i last updated i believe

this is the “display balloon messages” i was referring to in the first post

CIS …(Comodo Firewall??): 3.5.57173.439 (product version from Misc > About)

For future reference the balloon messages are small information pop ups.
The ones for allow etc. are called Alerts.

Did you get this version by updating?
It would be best if you download newest version 3.8 installer.

Uninstall the 3.5, clean the registry, do fresh install with 3.8 installer.

Later

“clean the registry” - does the uninstall clean the registry automatically or do you have to do it manually? if manually, how?

“Did you get this version by updating?” i thought that was the only way

Manually clean the registry with a registry cleaner.
Clean install is the best way to go.

“registry cleaner” - do you have one to recommend?

“Clean install is the best way to go.” - so later when updating 3.8, you also do a fresh install?

Try to download and install Revo uninstaller if you can.

and the CIS from here

If you can install Revo then use it to uninstall the old firewall, at end of uninstall when ask you to reboot say no.

Then scan with Revo and delete all that it finds, then reboot and do fresh CIS install.

Yes, clean install seems best even for updates (as I recently discovered).
Thank you, Bad Frogger.