How Do I Set Comodo To NOT Open On Boot-Up? (It intereferes with Avast Updates)

(:WAV) How Do I Set Comodo To NOT Open On Boot-Up?
It intereferes with Avast Updates.

After Avast is updated, Iwould than like to open Comodo.

Thank you
AVoice777Canada

CFP should not interfere with avast updates if the avast components have been allowed in CFP application monitor rules.
If there is any problem you can right click on rules for any avast components and click on the miscellaneous tab. Then select to ‘skip advanced security checks’ and ‘allow invisible connection attempts’. You may need to reboot.

If this does not work try ticking the option to ‘allow all activities for this application’.

Once you have selected the options above Avast should update without problem.

:SMLR

I agree that there has to be better methods than to disable your firewall just to update your AV on every boot. That’s like opening the front door (firewall) of your house to let the cats in (AV updates), while also letting the burglars (hackers) dash in.

Text stolen from avast-forum (sorry Tech :wink: )

[i]Into the firewall settings, the following programs should be allowed to connect:

C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashWebSv.exe (avast! Web Scanner)
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashMaiSv.exe (avast! e-Mail Scanner Service)
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\Setup\avast.setup (avast! Update executable). This is a temporary file that just appears when an update (check) is about to launch, and disappears again afterwards.

Don’t need rights to connect:
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashServ.exe (avast! antivirus service)
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\aswUpdSv.exe (avast! Update Service)[/i]